• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To A_sapp

To A_sapp

8\'oclock my time to 10 o\'clock my time (pacific)

I\'m gone.....

That is my time off for good. No updating, no giga, no wavelab, no ICQ, no Mirc (except logtime)

Chris Beck\'s joining with Josh Wheden, and Keifer is on, My only real day off, except when the girfriend is around and we watch what Rob Kral and Jass is doing with Sundays (soon to be wednesdays, since its all reruns)

Dammit Rob,...... I\'m hooked. I promised myself not to watch any of the old Whedon stuff until I caught up on DVD, and downloaded epsisodes, then Willow goes and gets evil and make me go \"oooooh\" and Conner comes back....and I\'m like...well.....these shows could be interesting...then 24 becomes stupid with its marketing campain and then I get \"ok\" about angel and some appocolyptic demon comes in and I start to say......uhhhh.....tell me there\'s some sort of connection....between sunnydale and it\'s big bad and start to honestly ask myself why I never got into these shows before....and Xmas season comes along and screws me up with****ing re runs (tho I think whedon\'s playing with our visual minds with sunnydale and some dead people and reruns I should have watched to make sure I was good with faces)

how I hate networks when this really could be one \"big bad\" between two shows and how fox can screw up a great show with advertising. I mean do I need to see \"next time on 24\" when I\'m watching andy richter on the side during malcomn......? and blah blah blah blah

a few hours and I get to see Treeebeard, and I\'ve never even read the books. George lucas each your heart...or is it ego.... out

merry Xmas, wait till all the absinthe I ordered comes in if you think this post is nutzoid [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: To A_sapp

I gotcha. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don\'t know why I read this post, but KI you need some help [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I don\'t know why I read this post, but KI you need some help
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Xmas gift suggestion: Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. Absynth makes the ears grow longer. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I never seem to have time to watch tv these days, but until the bitter end, I will turn off the phone, close the blinds, lock the doors, and effect a blackout to watch Buffy and Angel weekly. Great stories, great music. Joss is the man. King, I feel your pain.

Is it me or am I the only one hearing Tob and Sam taking over the world?

Absenthe makes the mind grow dunber....which is the only reason TV and Movies work for me any more

Tho I have to admit there are a few exceptions (even acceptions in some cases [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

LotR is something I\'ve never read so I think I\'ll be fascinated with any 3 hour long epic that has not ultimate finale until the third movie [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Matrix, while 3 years gives me enough time to over think it into predictability, its something I\'ll stay away from giving my mind to overthink, since the first movie was so much fun.

24, man if anyone watched tonights episode, it was predicatble until the exact last minute..... which made it a John Doe episode......how a show with as much potential as John Doe evolved (ecrapped?) into utter crap is *EVEN WAY BEYOND* beyond me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ....anyhnow 16 hours left....thats a lot considering where this seasons 8 hours have already been (plot twist heaven and crap filled hell in 8 episodes)

I have a feeling that Joss and I think alike, which is why I have a feeling he\'s going to pull a fast one and make me like his old shows even more.

I mean, in terms of predictability, I saw the trailer for 6th sense and said to my self, Wouldnt it be cool If................was......dead....that woul make an AWESOME movie....

and then I saw the movie....

add to it the opening moments of unbreakable and anyone who can gather from the opening scene that it will be about comic books.... \"mr glass\" come on...like we didn\'t see that one coming (tho I still enjoyed both twists even if I saw them a mile away {ok 10 feet away with unbreakable, its like fight club, you know its coming, but its fun to watch})

I rank Whedon up there with Shamalyan with this season so far, its very smart stuff, and I\'ve only watched this season of both Buffy and Angel, not to metnion I\'m criticle of TV shows. He seems to leave enough open to pull a fast one, and if not makes it fun to watch....of course unless its just me and first season infatuation.

That said, Buffy and 24 are the only shows I make sure I drink for now, just BECAUSE they are good. I tend to over think plots and figure them out before they end. Drinking helps me be surprised.....and if not atleast be entertained. (24 = surprised by that freaking cool ending tonight, buffy = entertained by either the fact that I\'ll be able to point out everything to the people who dont see things coming or whedon pulling a fast one on all the peopl who over thing)

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You know the absinthe you buy in USA is not really wormwood based.. If it is then don\'t expect to get anything with a high enough thujone and wormwood content to give any psychoactive absinthe intoxication [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If you go to the Czech Republic you can find the \"Hill\'s Absinth\" (I bought it in Prague) - However it does not contain higher quantities of wormwood and thujone extract than what is believed to be safe. Denmark and Portugal carry Absinthe as well.

King I know what it\'s like to get hooked on multiple series, for I was once under the spell of Home & Away, Perfect Strangers, Country Practice and Dallas [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, have a nice time off.. if that\'s what you\'re saying in your post (couldn\'t really make it out) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

while taking a \"halfway\" break from watching 24 the first season on dvd- fox gives away the ending in a commercial to the new season! what a drag.... I use to have a life [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Aaron Dirk

I buy all my Absinthe in makes from Spain and France and some Sweden when I feel like it. You cant get real Absinthe here in the US. Its all straight annis based with no tujone content. Its like Ouzo or Sambuka.

I dont like Czeck Absinthes much, but I haven\'t tried all of them yet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They seem too strong in the anis flavor.

I\'ve just ordered some Serpis 65 for the first time, it will be interesting to try this. I\'ve also bought some Lehmann\'s, which is not supposed to have any anis flavor, maybe people who hate liqourice will drink this one. As well, i\'ve bought some cheap stuff for gifts [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I never watched buffy until this season, and to be honest, this season has none of that. Its more about tension between characters and what they\'ve \"done\" in the last season. Whats changed between them and Spikes \"devotion\" with a soulful twist. I\'ve seen some older episodes now, and I know what oyu mean. I\'m actualyl not too into them, but this season is as good as 24 IMO. Some REALLY REALLY great TV.

About Tivo. I cant. I watch 24 on an HDTV Widescreen. Tivo doesn\'t record HD signals. So unless I pick up a DVHS setup (which I wont) or until HD-DVD-r shows up. I have to watch that show on Tuesdays [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Man soooo sorry, when that happened last season I was jsut blown the hell away. No TV show did stuff like that. That whole ep was tense, and then it happened..... I jsut about stood up and applauded. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This seasons got some of those moments. Last nights ep took a twist at the end that I had no idea was coming. It was great because the last 3 eps before that were predictible IMO, and the marketing team\'s been giving all the goods away in the commercials. They even did it for one big twist in last nights, but the end was just.....from no where....

I love shows that make my jaw drop

Go Back to forum