• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: Interesting thought...

OT: Interesting thought...

Due to some recent posts, an overlooked issue came to me. It seems that a few (or many) members of this forum have a knack to convincingly brandish false credentials. What frustrates me is when you know of this person, witness the reactions to this persons garbage, and see him/her throw flak BACK, all that person is asking for is an ego-boost. If you need to make yourself confident with an arrogant attitude, and a belt of pseudo crests, you gots a whilesss to go. Just a thought...

Re: OT: Interesting thought...

I resent that remark.

Yours sincerely
    Hands Simmer

Duck and cover.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

May the best man or woman win although I\'d be amazed if it was a woman.

I hope you\'re not going to get yourself banned Aaron. I\'ve always enjoyed listening to your music.

I\'m stating a thought, not specifically bashing anyone am I? If Papa wants to ban me for some reason, than by all means do so, but how would this be grounds for getting banned anyhow?

Aaron- not sure what has raised your ire, but you have a point about people potentially masquerading as something they are not. I have wondered whether one should have to file a resume with the administrators, or maybe respond to a questionaire before they are registered. Then I realized that won\'t work because people could just lie about their experience and qualifications!

A better plan is one that\'s sometimes used here:
    when someone is abusive/unfair and you suspect their background, just ask that they post a link to one of THEIR own pieces.

One tends to build a reputation here, and you have a good one. We respect you and your work.

My resume? <grin> About all you really have to know is that I have never made a dime from music,
    so one must take all my critiques with a grain of salt. To be sure, I try to stay low key.

Hey Aaron...

This sounds like something I would gladly rant about, but I have no idea what you are talking about [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Can I get a \"2 neuron\" version so that I can possibly join!

Hey I didn\'t understand it either. I thought it was a language barrier - maybe it\'s just an IQ thing afterall.

Doesn\'t this come with the internet package? That you can be what you want?

Alex Cremers

It\'s not whay you said, it\'s what might happen if you pick a fight with someone that might get you into trouble. That\'s all I meant!

It does sound a little like you have someone specific in mind and I\'m already taking bets as to who it might be [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

I was about to ask Aaron if he had been hitting the bong a little too hard this morning.

Then it hit me. Aaron\'s from NW Florida. Guess who else seems to be from NW Florida? Mr. SpicyItalian, the guy who just posted claiming to have this big project that had to be in Nashville for mastering, and needed someone to render a MIDI piano part for him.

Hmmmmm. I knew I smelled something funny.

Aaron, do you know this guy? I\'ve gotta say, even though I backed down in the other thread, that story about \"his Giga-boy being out of town,\" etc., sounded like BS to me. Pros don\'t get themselves in silly jams like that, and when they do, they usually are willing to part with some bucks to make it right. This sounded more like a teenager, the tone for sure. And once he got what he wanted, he was outta here like a shot. Doesn\'t sound like a pro discovering a resource to me.

Am I getting warm?

Go Back to forum