• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Pricing announced for EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pricing announced for EWQLSO

Great prices! With the strength of the UK pound right now that is really very cheap for what it is.

Hmm let me see; Miroslav Vitous String Ensembles 1 CD is currently listed at £1400...or there\'s the 100 gig+ EWQLSO for £1870. Something quite literally doesn\'t add up there!

Hehe... This will be the topic with the most views for the next days [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very reasonable pricing indeed, although it would be great to have an idea of the articulations that will be offered.

One question, and I apologize if it has already been asked/answered: will you be making an EXS24 version of the library, or only Giga?

I\'m starting to save up... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Price sounds ok to me but I would like to bring up the subject of Duties & Taxes.

East-West is the only Software company I know that declares the Full Value on the Fed Ex foreign shipment. Most Companies declare the Value of the Media itself; say $50 for 10 DVD\'s. So I pay about 12 bucks for the taxes. So if they declare the Shipment is worth $3,000 I would have to pay an additional $720 plus brokerage fees of about $60 for an extra cost of approx $800.00

When I buy a New Library I do not want to throw away my cash to the Government.So in this case the competition, VSL is still less expensive.

My initial response is, \"Whoa, big price tag.\" Then again, I\'m a broke-*** [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I suppose the price is reflecting the huge 1TB amount of data, and the killer mic\'ing? (close/far/stage) That is pretty cool that we don\'t have to do panning/reverb, that the positioning is exactly where the players would sit. Very cool!!

Too bad I\'ll never be able to afford this any time in the next few years or so. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

\"The four volume package is $2995..\"

I\'ll wait for one of those big sales they have. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well, if I were to buy them in any particular order, I guess it would be:

Vol. 4 - Percussion
    Vol. 2 - Woodwinds
    Vol. 1 - Strings
    Vol. 3 - Brass

The last two maybe would swap, I dunno. Can\'t wait for the demos.

Originally posted by Munsie:
    \"The four volume package is $2995..\"

I\'ll wait for one of those big sales they have. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It won\'t be discounted any further - and it will be removed from our sales.

We really tried our best to keep the price reasonable, considering the enormous cost of the project. No other discounts will be possible until we at least cover our costs, and that is unlikely to occur in the first year.

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Hi Doug,

In case I make it down to NAMM where do I and my partner sign up for the demo preview?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Originally posted by Mel Tron:
    Price sounds ok to me but I would like to bring up the subject of Duties & Taxes.

East-West is the only Software company I know that declares the Full Value on the Fed Ex foreign shipment. Most Companies declare the Value of the Media itself; say $50 for 10 DVD\'s. So I pay about 12 bucks for the taxes. So if they declare the Shipment is worth $3,000 I would have to pay an additional $720 plus brokerage fees of about $60 for an extra cost of approx $800.00

When I buy a New Library I do not want to throw away my cash to the Government.So in this case the competition, VSL is still less expensive.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Some countries allow this (Netherlands for example) and some don\'t. If I know where you are located we can research this for you.

However, I hardly think this is a valid reason to choose another library over EWQLSO. Hopefully the decision will be made on the recording quality achieved by Prof. Keith O. Johnson, user control of the halls natural acoustics, dynamics, articulations, and ease of use.

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast