• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Project SAM Composer Contest Winners: Have You Heard Them?

Share/Bookmark

Project SAM Composer Contest Winners: Have You Heard Them?

I was just listening to the winning compositions at the Project SAM site. These tracks aren\'t the usual stuff that we hear over here but they are awesome!

I wish I could \'write\' like that!

Anybody heard them yet?

Go here:
    http://www.projectsam.com/contestwinners.html#winners

To the winners: congratulations!

To Project SAM: I knew I didn\'t make a mistake buying your libraries! Thank you!

Re: Project SAM Composer Contest Winners: Have You Heard Them?

I heard them yesterday night. My god , they are really great [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] , and then I made a CD to listen to their music while I´m driveing.

Sounds fantastic. What can I say? Can VSL do this too?

I mean, this brass is by no means hidden under some orchestral battlefield. It\'s fully exposed! What a sound!

------------
    Alex Cremers

WOW!!!!

I\'m glad I didn\'t bother entering cos I had no chance. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

They\'re all great but Heathcliff Blair\'s piece made my jaw drop.

Naah. Too many recorded effects to do that I think the pieces were good, I preferred Houseman\'s though. A bit too much \"effects on parade\" feel in the winner. Houseman\'s piece gets a bit too busy towards the end - would prolly require 16 horns or so to perform

Awesome and Inspiring! Who cares how many horns it would take to play? The reality is it only took one guy, this outstanding library, and a boat load of talent! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats to the winners! I really liked Houseman\'s piece a great deal.

That\'s definitely some good stuff. Congrats to the winners. What did you win?

I\'m curious as to why the SAM trumpets didn\'t turn out as amazing as the horns and bones? I listened to the demos on the site and not a single one of them made me think they were the real deal, whereas the horns and brass are easily fooling everyone, myself included. I hate to sound like a critical snob, but to my ears, the trumpet library doesn\'t succeed in the way the other two do. But then again, I\'ve never heard a totally successful trumpet library; it\'s still a virgin Everest in my mind. How does the EWQLSO stack up in this regard?
    -Jamey

IO: Funny, I think the bones and trumpet libraries are by far the best of the three.

Thanks so much everyone for the nice words!

Congrats to Heathcliff! Great job there [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . I can\'t imagine how much work was done on your piece!

This was definitely a nice suprise after a horrible, horrible day I spent trying to find my missing wallet all over the city (found it, though). I guess this is God\'s way of balancing things [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .

Thanks again! Can\'t wait to try out the library, it certainly will replace my present trumpet samples!

Go Back to forum