• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Roland VM7000 Mixer

Share/Bookmark

OT: Roland VM7000 Mixer

Is anybody out there using any of the 7000 series mixers and if so, can you comment for studio use.
    Sound quality is my first concern. I see in a mail order house that they are going for $999.95 for the VMBasic71.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Jim

Re: OT: Roland VM7000 Mixer

I have the full VM-7200 rig and it\'s absolutely awesome....and I say that on my own, not just because of my connection to Roland.

It is such a killer sounding rig and cool setup, it\'s just a shame that it never caught on, with Mackie/Yamaha dominating the market already. The EQ sounds really nice and being able to have 92 channels in such a small footprint for so little money is insane.

The only drag about it is the interface is more complicated than most...you can figure it out, but it takes a bit more head sratching than most digital mixers....once you\'ve got it though, you\'re off and running.

Hope that helps.

spectrum

Hi

Couldn\'t agree more... I\'ve had a fully expanded
    7200 system for a couple of years and it really is awesome. I looked seriously at the Mackie and was already a Yamaha user but.... WOW... in a different league! AND THAT WAS AT RRP!!!!(ie more than £10,000!)

Try and get the VMC7000 as well which gives you more hardware control. There are still a few software bugs but nothing that will stem the flow of creativity!

Basically at that kind of money buy into what so many others have missed.... Their loss!!!!!

Ty

Thanks alot Spectrum and Ty

Jim

Go Back to forum