• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free beer.

Share/Bookmark

Free beer.

Is what I want to come with the sound libraries I buy.

Is this to much to ask? Think of what a great marketing scheme this would be.
    Just look at how it got your attention. I bet you could sell some of the worlds worst libraries with it. I know it got me to go to some of the worlds worst parties.

While I have your attention,
    Since \" Duet mania\" post off did so well In the off topic section,
    I have put up a \" What can you do with this melody\" challenge.
    Pop on over there and give it a whirl.
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000361

So what are some of your marketing thoughts. So many libraries, it is finally becoming a competitive market.

Re: Free beer.

dammit,

i was gonna ask for beer in donation payment for my \"free\" downloadable sounds [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

and non e of that piss water!

King,
    hehe, here in Germany we have tons of great beer - all not pisswater ;-). I do pity you for all that \"GMD stuff\".
    So what are you after, just name it ! :-)

Best
    Holger

Im a big fan of a trappist Ale by the name of Chimmay. The \"Cinque Cents\" is quite possibly my favorite ale. Its the only ale I \"like\" drinking while eating.

I also like to stock up on some Lamrics, Lindemen\'s is popular for lambrics here. They\'re good to have around to surprise people that hate \"beers\". Also great with desserts and cookies. I also like them more than other malt liquors around here, like Sirnoff Ice and such, they are all just Zima and they all still give me a headache.

Other locals I like are Sam Adams, nd Sierra nevada, just bcause you can find them just about anywhere. Imports,.. Anchorsteim is somethig I\'ll go for at times. Heinekin\'s aren\'t so great out here. I hear the German stuff is better tho. Guinness I only drink with Guinness drinkers, sort of like going out for sushi with friends, or something like that. My ex fiance liked corona\'s and got my dog bugging people when they are over and having coronas.

There is definitely too much of that pisswater stuff here in the US. MGD and Coors, and Bud and all that nasty stuff.

Its funny that when I started trying alcohol in my mid tens (my parents owned a liquor store), I hated beers, now I like them.

I\'m still much more of a vodka drinker, but I try to lay off it for a while and come back to it, then there\'s always the absinthe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now, would that be Canadian beer...or American beer? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ryan.

Well I\'m teetotal, but if someone would give away crates of A&W Root Beer with sample libraries I\'d buy everything from chromatically sampled kazoos to x-faded belches.

I\'ve run into beerware before - there are shareware developers, apparently running on this stuff, that seriously demand full crates with local beer if you use their software.

King,
    I\'m a huge Chimay fan myself- great stuff. Corsendonk isn\'t too bad , either, if Chimay is not available. There\'s a great place here in NYC (right near the legendary McSorley\'s Ale House) called \"Burp Castle\". They have just about every obscure beer you can imagine. It\'s made to look like a Belgium Abbey, and all the waiters and bartenders are dressed up like the old Trappist Monks, in robes. A fun place.

My favorite poison is Bombay Sapphire Gin Martinis, though.

Darn, me the \"german-I-know-beer\"... MGD not GMD. Oh well, at least I knew it is Miller... ;-)
    King, thats quite a list but actually no german beer. If you have the chance, try some Becks or Jever. Its kind of bitter but I like it a lot.
    Frankly I´m not much of an Ale fan but Guinness is good. I´ve been to Ireland in October and tried Murphys and thats a fine beer. Even for me it was hard to drink more than 4 Pints and walk straight ;-)
    Not that I´m used to drink a lot but I´m sort of used to stronger beer. When I visited the States, I could drink MGD or Bud like water and didn´t get drunk.
    But I think its pretty normal not to like beer from the start, it was the same with me.
    Oh and you mentioned Smirnoff- ugh, that was my last big, BIG headache... damn I almost have forgotten it, now its back... ahh the pain...
    Do you know if its legal and possible to send beer from Germany to the US? If so, I´d be glad to send you some so you can try some.

Best
    Holger

Hmmmmmmm.
    I do believe, I have located a few of the beer drinkers here.

I wonder if the sample libraries should package the beer with their product or enclose some kind of rebate voucher that can be redeemed at your favorite store.

I do enjoy a good beer. Guiness and Samual Adams are at the top of my list, followed be Dos Equis.

Go Back to forum