• Register
  • Help

Topic: Indiana Jones Mockup

Indiana Jones Mockup

A quick mockup of the Indiana Jones theme. I always wanted to capture those \"John Williams\" types of orchestrations, but couldn\'t get the trumpets right. Here\'s a stab at it using some of the new trumpets from the new brass library:

(Will repost with new verb later this week. But thanks for all the really positive feedback thru email.)

Kirk Hunter

Re: Indiana Jones Mockup

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Man, do you ever sleep?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can\'t afford to

Kirk Hunter

that reverb really sucks man....

Its ruining the trumpets IMO

Originally posted by KingIdiot:

that reverb really sucks man....

Its ruining the trumpets IMO
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, tell me somehting I DON\'T know. Giga\'s NFX just don\'t work well for brass, and I don\'t have my external set up yet. Oh well.

man, its terrifying what it does to the trumpet sustains.

I\'m serious man, jsut stop using it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

gimme a dry version of the bones track, and a dry version of the trumpet track. I\'ll put a different verb on it, and even EQ it.

I know it can sound better than this. ITs my opinion that you\'re really selling your library short with demos like this. MAny people dont know how to seperate bad FX from the way the sample itself sounds.

I know I should just shut my mouth on this kind of stuff, but cant leave well enough alone. I know there are people who dont post who are hearing this and thinking the library is causing that nastyness, when its not.

I agree with King.

Kirk, please post the Indy demo again without NFX verb. The sound of the brass will probably be much better! If it\'s too dry, we can try our own verbs if we like and see how your samples react to it.

Now, esp. the brass sounds glassy and hollow, as if played through a glass tube and recorded at the other end. I really think it\'s the verb doing this.

Demos are INDEED one of the most powerful tools for selling a library! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very cool. Nice example because it\'s such a memorable theme

I agree that something needs to be done with the trumpets in that demo. They don\'t sound realistic at all. I like the trombone staccatos at the top of the track though.

Go Back to forum