• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Topic: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Hi Giga Group,
    We have the Customized spectrum analyzer tools for you and the Audio Oscilloscope will be soon. The Screenshot can be found by this path:

    http://www.geocities.com/dsp4studio/images/

    And the download file for Spectrum LA in Planetz Forum:

    http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=10983&forum=13&18

    We\'d like to hear from you that how you like it! It is in the process for adding more useful features, one or more of them could be your ideas that how you want it be? Hope that you will find something that you might be interested...

    Enjoy it,
    LongStudio

  2. #2

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    I like the water lillies picture. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

    This is just me but in my workflow I don\'t think I would use something like this very often other than determining the frequency of a noise source so I can filter it out later. Usually I just do this with my ears and a sharp notch.

  3. #3
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Hi,
    Here is the Oscilloscope download link as follows:

    http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=13

    The Program\'s Screenshot can be found as follows:

    http://www.geocities.com/dsp4studio/Osilloscope/

    Jacques, Thanks for your comments. Some days you might need it, your ears will not last very long but the programming tool will! How about using both when it needed!

    Best regards,
    LongStudio

  4. #4

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    These are nice tools. My one wish is that they were part of a EQ so that one could edit the sample inside them, instead of having to go into another program to do the editing. They would then function as a really great multiband EQ with more bands than the ones I\'ve seen. Would be even more valuable for editing individual samples.

    I like the idea of making it a VST, too.

    Thanks for creating these and making them available.

  5. #5
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    These are nice tools. My one wish is that they were part of a EQ so that one could edit the sample inside them, instead of having to go into another program to do the editing. They would then function as a really great multiband EQ with more bands than the ones I\'ve seen. Would be even more valuable for editing individual samples.

    I like the idea of making it a VST, too.

    Thanks for creating these and making them available.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Jake Johnson for your inputs, I\'m glad that you like it! About the EQ, as you mentioned \"...more bands than the ones I\'ve seen...\", so, from you (or anyone) ideas that how many bands should be best used in mind?
    We are going to implement it in next version. Let say 10-20 bands for each channels (L/R), is it just fine? Or needed more, less or user-defined multi-band, for example?

    Best regards,
    LongStudio

  6. #6

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    The more the merrier. The more you isolate the frequencies, the more control you give us.

    You already know this, but: one problem with getting rid of hiss or hum in a sample is that it may have a frequency that is shared by, or very close to, some of the musical content of the sample, so eliminating the noise at a certain frequency range elimates part of the musical content, too. The finer you divide up the frequency bands, the better we could get rid of noise without eliminating sound that is in a nearby frequency. (Ultimately, I it would be nice to have a bar for each step along the frequency range, but of course this would be impossible, even with a zoom out or zoom in feature? This would allow microscopic editing\\eq\'ing, which may seem like overkill, but could be useful in getting rid of as much noise as possible, and in increasing the volume of sympathetic vibations on multitimbral instruments like pianos.)

    In any case, I\'d much rather have a hundred bands--or 88, for each note on a piano--than ten or twenty. (And there are already 20 band eq\'s out there...)

  7. #7
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    The more the merrier. The more you isolate the frequencies, the more control you give us.

    You already know this, but: one problem with getting rid of hiss or hum in a sample is that it may have a frequency that is shared by, or very close to, some of the musical content of the sample, so eliminating the noise at a certain frequency range elimates part of the musical content, too. The finer you divide up the frequency bands, the better we could get rid of noise without eliminating sound that is in a nearby frequency. (Ultimately, I it would be nice to have a bar for each step along the frequency range, but of course this would be impossible, even with a zoom out or zoom in feature? This would allow microscopic editing\\eq\'ing, which may seem like overkill, but could be useful in getting rid of as much noise as possible, and in increasing the volume of sympathetic vibations on multitimbral instruments like pianos.)

    In any case, I\'d much rather have a hundred bands--or 88, for each note on a piano--than ten or twenty. (And there are already 20 band eq\'s out there...)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Again, thanks for your inputs, I understand what you need! 88 bands? No problem, that why we want to hear from you! I\'m thinking about adding the user-defined number of bands and the frequency corresponding per bands, in case someone only needs 10-20 or even less, for example.

    OK, scalable Multi-band EQ (from 10-88 bands), how do you like it?

    Best regards,
    LongStudio

  8. #8

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Well, I was kidding in specifying 88 bands--it wouldn\'t be enough, since many of the bands that everyone would want would be well below and above the range of a piano. On the other hand, it would be very nice to have all 88 frequencies represented, along with those above and below the range of the fundamentals on the piano.

  9. #9
    Senior Member LHong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    San Jose, Ca, USA
    Posts
    542

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Well, I was kidding in specifying 88 bands--it wouldn\'t be enough, since many of the bands that everyone would want would be well below and above the range of a piano. On the other hand, it would be very nice to have all 88 frequencies represented, along with those above and below the range of the fundamentals on the piano.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Jake Johnson, it seems that it never be enough for you to define the number of EQ\'s bands used? OK, here is the idea for you, please read it carefully!

    Unlike the commercial EQ as you have seen in the market, it is totally customized as user-defined multi-frequency responding and multiple bands. Any frequencies in any ranges of 1hz to 22050hz can possibly be defined in the EQ bands. You can have up to 1,000 (bands/Freq @-60/-90dB to +12dB/24dB) or more as you wish then you can save-as to the preset-list, as well as recall and reuse them in many similar projects.
    However, it will be more complicated for you that how to make the good presets. What I need from you is the commitment for the beta testing (create some presets) by next week. Can you or someone confirm it? Just try to make it useful for you and others.

    Regards,
    LongStudio

  10. #10

    Re: OT: Audio Analyzer Tools (Windows) for you..

    Consider using a log scale...

    People would need that more than anything else...

    Good luck

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •