• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT SRV3030

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: OT SRV3030

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Has any one had any experience with the Roland SRV-3030. If so , how do you like it?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It came after the 330, and with higher bit-depth. But it\'s widely accepted as a less-desirable model. I have heard one, but I heard it in a music store and have no basis whatsoever to say if this is well-founded. The 3030 I heard sounded good, I thought. Does it have digital i/o? I know that I love my 330, and am very glad to have purchased it when new, because it has had a nice long life of usefulness for me.

So, I don\'t know if it\'s a matter of different presets, or a different degree of control, but if it\'s essentially an update of the same engine, there\'s something worth having about it at a nice price. How does it sound to you? The \"3D\" reflective models are the things that are fun to play with, and which give you the imaging control tricks which are fun. Some of the presets use those, and they\'re obviously named on the 330. Get into the programming of it, quickly, because that\'s where you\'ll find the depth of the unit.

You\'d stay a lot cleaner with the digital i/o. Any trip in and out of the converters will cost you some clarity and depth. Since you\'d need to create tracks from it eventually anyway, it may be worth patching and unpatching, depending upon the needs of the project.

The 3030 is not happening compared with the 330.

SRV-3030 is really sterile and a totally different thing...they lost the vibe I\'m afraid. Going digital will just give you a clean version of a super thin sound!

OTOH, the Roland SRV-330 is one of the best kept secrets in signal processing....it\'s my main box!

spectrum

Originally posted by spectrum:
    The 3030 is not happening compared with the 330.

SRV-3030 is really sterile and a totally different thing...they lost the vibe I\'m afraid. Going digital will just give you a clean version of a super thin sound!

OTOH, the Roland SRV-330 is one of the best kept secrets in signal processing....it\'s my main box!

spectrum
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I couldn\'t agree more. I love my SRV 330!!

Craig,

Try to keep your eyes open for one. You will not regret it.

Rob

Hi Sharmy

Can\'t say I agree totally about the 3030!

Not the best... but for the kind of money they\'re going for at the moment they have their uses.

I must admit though they do the bigger spaces better than the smaller ones so I\'d use the Lexicon for the small rooms if I was you.

Don\'t dismiss it, I\'ve had one amongst a lot of other outboard/software for a couple of years and it\'s usually ended up somewhere on the track!

Originally posted by spectrum:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No doubt about that. When I first bought mine, it was because I couldn\'t spring for a Lexicon that was priced around $1500 at the time. I was able to get the SRV-330 for about $800, and thought it sounded better.

Little did I know that ten years later, I\'d still be thinking the same thing.

Too bad about the 3030. I never spent enough time around one to do a real comparison. The 330 is da\' chit. Makes you wonder how Roland could screw that one up. They should still make them today!!

I recently purchased the SRV 330 and am very excited to use it. Thanks to all who have helped me in this decision. This unit included the original box, and both manuals in mint condition. Still waiting for it to arrive as we speak. This unit always recieves positive reviews, and most first time purchasers still own them.

Will give some feedback when I get into it.

Sharmy if youre interested I know of a place that still has one.

Email me dalamein@yahoo.com

Thanks once again.

Dave

SORRY!

I know of only one more place that still has one. (They are very hard to get by.)

*Note that the SRV does not have Digital outs*

Thanks once again for your recommendation.

Happy Holidays!

howabout someone impulsing some of the great verbs in the 330 for us?

I mean obviously it\'d be cool to have all the control, but if we cant get a unit to play with, it\'d be great to hear somewhat of what you guys are hearing.

Go Back to forum