• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Need help with video or movie analog conversion to digital

Share/Bookmark

OT: Need help with video or movie analog conversion to digital

hey there,

i have a problem about converting analog videomaterial to digital stuff like avi or mpeg.

i heard that there could be serious problems happen if you don\'t convert analog stuff from vhs to digital format.

heard about delay in the timecode and other errors occuring during the conversion.

i dont mean the quality or the compression rate, the most important i am asking for is the timecode problem. how can i go sure to have an exact conversion 1:1 without delaying or distortion in the timecode.

it easy to do 5-10 min movie-snippets, because the compression would not affect this lenght, but how about 60-90min productions or even longer.

i don\'t like the resolution to put on an vhs over unitor or ltc, because by editing soundeffects the vhs will always rewind and forward and whatever.

to get it straight, i just heard about all this stuff could happen, but i don\'t wanna come to the situation of doin a movie or a longer project and not be able to handle right...

would be cool to get a help here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

thx and greetz
    waywyn

Re: OT: Need help with video or movie analog conversion to digital

What hardware are you using? i.e. conversion card?

I\'m using Pinnacle DV500 and Premiere 6.0 RT and this one is stable. Audio won\'t drift out of sync with the video.... even after many hours.

thx man, thats basically all i wanna know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

so you convert from vhs to the pinnacle card with premiere ??

and then you put the vid file to your sequencer ?!?

>so you convert from vhs to the pinnacle card with premiere ??

Yes, from any analog source to an AVI file using Premiere. Premiere comes free with DV500. So it\'s like basically getting the software or the hardware for free, depending on how you look at it.

DV500 can also connect to a digital source, ie DV camera.

> and then you put the vid file to your sequencer

For my work, I make presentations, cut, splice, add music, etc... using Premiere. Then I export my composition back to analog (for recording by a VCR) or to an MPEG file, or Windows Media format, or burn to DVD using the included software and DVD authoring program.

I haven\'t tried importing the finished AVI video into my sequencer...

Okay, I JUST tried it for the first time. I was able to import a 1.45 GIGABYTE AVI file into Sonar (video is 6 minutes long). And Sonar automatically mapped the video\'s audio track, which means, I can add my embelishments to it, another midi track, or audio file or whatever.

Here\'s a screenshot. I just did this on my \"work\" PC, which is just an AMD 650Mhz. As you can see from the CPU meter, it\'s no sweat.

\"I haven\'t tried importing the finished AVI video into my sequencer...\"

thats really easy and also constant, but the only thing i need is a soft and hardware which is doing it fine and doesnt distort the timecode or taking out frames during compression

thx man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

edit: whew didnt see the big shot before, damn isdn [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] thx

Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump in.

If you can not afford Avid...

Go VEGAS. There is no other video program better.

None!

Just wanted to toss that into the mix.

By the way...

Spell AVID backwards.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

FB

By the way...

Spell AVID backwards.

FB
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You are just too funny!! Hey Frank, do you still enjoy the picture of me playing the Violin?

LOL. Oh yeah man. It\'s a classic.

Can I just go way off topic and tell you that I am in the research phase of Bela D Bass.

I just cannot wait to get this puppy out.
    It\'s like, I don\'t care if it sells one copy ... this is just something \"I\" want to do.

I had enough of singers and classical choirs. hehehehe - It\'s time to jam!!

Go Back to forum