• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga and Windows ME ?

Share/Bookmark

Giga and Windows ME ?

I just got a new machine that has Windows Me installed. Will giga work with this OS?

Thanks,
    Clifton

Re: Giga and Windows ME ?

Clifton, that\'s a go - no problems with ME here.

Thanks John for the reply.For whatever reason, I couldn\'t get it happening on my machine. It would get to the end of the installation and then crash. I put 98se on the machine, and everything seems fine now.

Windows ME works fine for me too, but I did install all the updates from microsoft. As far as I know the internet explorer is a beta version in ME. I also had to find some new drivers, but after that it runs very smooth now.

So, how does WinME perform? Does it seem any faster than Win98? Is it worth getting for the improvments over Win98 for music stuff?

Thanks,
    Ron

Well I had to reinstall my system. But I think windows ME is the worst windows version ever. It is very incompatible with a lot of drivers and software. One of the few programs that really performs ok is Gigastudio.

I have to agree. I like the system restore feature but the rest of it seems full of fluff.

I\'m back at win98. Everything works fine again

Hi Folks - I\'ve been using Millennium since early betas, and have found only a couple of \"compatibility\" issues.
    1) GigaSampler wouldn\'t install because of the way it verified the user\'s registration

2) HP Scanners have a couple of problems that have been addressed by tech notes at the HP website.

Another cool thing about Millennium is an improvement in the way it handles incredible amounts of RAM (>512 MEG), so my GSt DAW, a P3 900, with 768 Meg of RAM runs faster than 98 ever did. Just a thought.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

[This message has been edited by SteveMitchell (edited 09-22-2000).]

I just got my new computer from eMachines. At the store as soon as I found out that it had been upgraded to Windows ME, I knew this would mean trouble. The only reason Win ME convinced me was the fact that the WinME boxes on the shelves stated that Win ME would work with 95 and 98 programs. As it turns out Windows ME is not compatible at all. I could not get GigaSampler running, CoolEditPro had a bug in one of the filters and it couldn\'t even install a simple driver for my printer, it was full of errors. And the bad thing about all of this is that I\'m going to have to buy Win98 before it goes off the shelf, because MicroSoft and computer makers decided to go with WinME. MicroSoft just keeps getting annoying!

Go Back to forum