• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Bantasy"

Share/Bookmark

"Bantasy"

Y'all,

It takes all kinds of music to represent the world in which we live.

This is my "Bantasy" (banjo fantasy).

Widen your appreciation of ALL types of music.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Bantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    ...Widen your appreciation of ALL types of music...
    Excellent advice, Professor Larry - And your superb banjo piece would be a perfect place for someone to start if they're taking your advice and broadening their listening horizons. - The banjo does seem to be one of those instruments that makes some people turn their noses up, like the bagpipes sometimes do.

Hearing this reminded me of the Far Side cartoon I first saw here on the Forum - Deserves another run:

Loved the piece, Larry - I didn't feel like I was anywhere near Hell - Thanks!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Excellent advice, Professor Larry - And your superb banjo piece would be a perfect place for someone to start if they're taking your advice and broadening their listening horizons. - The banjo does seem to be one of those instruments that makes some people turn their noses up, like the bagpipes sometimes do.

Hearing this reminded me of the Far Side cartoon I first saw here on the Forum - Deserves another run:

Loved the piece, Larry - I didn't feel like I was anywhere near Hell - Thanks!

Randy
    Haaaa! That's hilarious!

Playing the banjo is not an easy undertaking. It involves dexterity and musicianship. Some day I would love to actually play it.

Thanks for your comments, Mister Randy.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I'm having such a great day. First hearing Jay's new piece and now yours. I love banjo! And you're just the right composer to make it shine! I love that fast "step up" rhythm you have in the bass to support the banjo . It accentuates the piece beautifully.

And there you go again with those great "Titles". I'll just have to compose a fantasy for you Larry so I can call it "Lantasy" to get the heads up on yeah. But you're too quick for me, probably already done that. sigh..........

Great comp!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    I'm having such a great day. First hearing Jay's new piece and now yours. I love banjo! And you're just the right composer to make it shine! I love that fast "step up" rhythm you have in the bass to support the banjo . It accentuates the piece beautifully.

And there you go again with those great "Titles". I'll just have to compose a fantasy for you Larry so I can call it "Lantasy" to get the heads up on yeah. But you're too quick for me, probably already done that. sigh..........

Great comp!!

Cass
    This is a far cry from my 'classical' works. Nevertheless, I'm glad that you like it, Mister Cass.

Thanks, as always, for your nice message.

My best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Educating my "classical" ears with banjo music?
    You succeeded, loved the piece

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Educating my "classical" ears with banjo music?
    You succeeded, loved the piece

Ted
    You are a well-rounded person now.

Thanks, Mister Ted.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum