• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fun at the Brass

Share/Bookmark

Fun at the Brass

Here's a piece I scored this summer for Brass Trio. It will be performed this fall at the opening concert for the Cleveland Composers Guild. It is realized here in Finale with all the mastering don by the Aria Engine in Finale. Time restraints have not allowed me to delve any deeper into putting this one into a DAW.

All the instruments (all 3 of them) are GPO: Trumpet, French Horn and Bass Trombone.

There are three movements, but in this example they are elided together as I wish for to be in the real live performance. Because it's Finale and I was lazy, I didn't put a bit of a pause between the movements. I think you will hear the mood changes though.

Movement I is called A Day at the Beach
    Movement II: Quiet Repose
    Movement III: Playing in the Sand and Water then Time to Go Home

Here is my piece:

Fun at the Brass

Enjoy,

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Fun at the Brass

"Fun" in the title is certainly apt - This is a big, tasty helping of musical fun, Bill. I like it lots - Congrats on having yet more of your music performed live!

Randy

Re: Fun at the Brass

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    "Fun" in the title is certainly apt - This is a big, tasty helping of musical fun, Bill. I like it lots - Congrats on having yet more of your music performed live!

Randy
    Thanks Randy, We have a very active guild, I think only one of a couple in the U.S. Unfortunately, the funding is starting to dry up. We do get grants and some donations, especially from the Bascom Little Fund which has supported us since our conception in 1959 by the founding fathers: Donald Erb, Bain Murray, Fred Koch and several others (sorry guys, can't remember your names.) I became a member after finishing my Master Of Arts degree in Music Composition in 1975.

If you or anyone else is interested in who the Cleveland Composers Guild is, this sight can show you more about us:

Encyclopedia of Cleveland

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum