• Help

Topic: Pops and Clicks!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Pops and Clicks!!!!!!!

Dear Gigastudio/sampler users.

I need your help.
    I am experiencing pops/clicks when playing an
    Instrument such as Gigapiano. I have tested
    each note to see if it could be a bad gigapiano disc but I could not find any glitch with any of the notes. I have a Aardvark Pro 24/96 sound card and I own a
    Pentium 3 , 128RAM. I am running my Gigastudio sounds on a seperate harddrive.
    My harddrive is a Seagate Baracuda Ultra ATA 66. The reason why I purchased the 2nd drive was that I experienced these pops n glitches
    with my original C: Western Digital Ultra 66 drive and though there was too much load running Gigastudio on 1 drive. Then I bought the Seagate Ultra Ata 66 7200RPM 8.2 seek time.

Is there anyone with a suggestion to get rid of the pops n clicks.

My Diagnosis is when I play single notes its fine but when I keep my sustain pedal for a long time/or play 10 notes simaltaneously I get a click, however I can also play 10 notes simultaneously and not get glitches at times. The pops are not there constantly just when it reaches to a pop then the pop continues and stops. My reading with my meters look normal. I have Gigastudio 96 and have my pyliphony set to 96, but I only play Gigapiono and my cpu says 33% when my peak is at 78 and my polyphony(voices is at 54)

I have DMA setting enabled and my accelerator is set low too.

Any advice on getting smooth performance and no pops will be appreciated.

Thanks
    dafrica

Re: Pops and Clicks!!!!!!!

If you have a motherboard with a VIA Apollo chipset, you might need to disable UDMA in the BIOS, so you only run DMA and not UDMA....

Simon

Re: Pops and Clicks!!!!!!!

What I would do are that to identify where is the problem (soundcard driver? PC hardware? setting? polyphony? NFX? GSIF driver? Others?
    1> From Giga, Settings, Sampler: To adjust Master Attenuation (-1 to -6db), Dither Type (anable/Disable), Alter Transition Voices...(16-64)
    2> From the MIDI-SEQ program, to click SOLO button on the PIANO track (to run only a track) then probably to see in the MIDI event...
    3> disable/remove the NFXS or change presets.
    4> Optimize the system like Cache, Mem, files, video, PCI latency, etc
    5> Disable the applications on windows which are not relating to the audio-recording...
    6> More DRAM would helps, 256MB?
    7> harddisk? scanning?
    8> Try other MIDI Songs, play the keyboard controller without sequencer...
    Many possiblities, the idea is to fine-tune the system invironments, each setup always has a behavior, never be same! sometimes it is a matter of combinations. The key to make sure to adjust the latency correcly (soundcard, Seq-Program, BIOS) then your system like Video on AGP instead od PCI, disable the USB, disable other soundcard, modem,...
    Hope this helps,
    LHong

Go Back to forum