• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free tuition in composition and orchestration for Sibelius users

Share/Bookmark

Free tuition in composition and orchestration for Sibelius users

Free tuition in Orchestration

I am again making an offer of free orchestration lessons to Sibelius users. I am a well-qualified music teacher, composer and retired orchestral conductor who likes teaching and does not need the money. I was very active in helping to set up this forum in its early days, and had many tutorials published here.

I now have room for three or four pupils. If you apply you should have some grounding in theory and harmony (if you lack this, see my other teaching offer below). You should preferably play one or more orchestral instruments plus keyboard, and have a real interest in making effective scores.

Above all you should have enough time to send work in to me (by email attaching a Sibelius file) at least once a week. Please do not apply if your life is too busy for this. The course will take about a year.

Email me at td@quorndon.com, giving full details of yourself.

Terry Dwyer, MA (Wales), BMus (London), LRAM

Free tuition in Composition, Harmony and Counterpoint

I also offer free composition lessons to Sibelius users.

Those who apply should be performers of some kind, and preferably have a little keyboard skill. If you are already a composer, you may want a second opinion, or advice on overall form and design.

Above all you should have enough time to send work in to me (by email attaching a Sibelius file) at least once a week. Please do not apply if your life is too busy for this. The course will take many months.

Email me at td@quorndon.com, giving full details of yourself.

Terry Dwyer, MA (Wales), BMus (London), LRAM

Re: Free tuition in composition and orchestration for Sibelius users

Poolman! A true Forum legend back in our midst!

Terry, it's simply superb to see you here on the Forum this morning, and your offer of giving professional tutelage in composition and orchestration is an incredible offer. Qualified applicants who are selected will be very fortunate indeed!

Randy

Well, Terry, I am pleased to see you are back You have been missing for quite a while.

Richard

Terry -

This is a most generous offer that you give. I'm interested and will be emailing you with regards to your offer.

Sincerely,

Ted
    Full-time ICU/CCU Nurse; Composer/Orchestrator Wanna-be
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum