• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Capricette" (Little Capriccio)

Share/Bookmark

"Capricette" (Little Capriccio)

All of Y'all,

This is my "Capricette" (Little Capriccio).

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Capricette.mp3

The piano is the Garritan Authorized Steinway. The violin is EWQL.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Capricette" (Little Capriccio)

Ah, I do enjoy sitting back and opening up another lesson from Master Alexander. Once again, it's a study in tidy perfection, and also as always, so full of energy. You're so much more disciplined than me - I've never been able to compose something so truly classical.

This is something you have no control over, but criminey I wish East/West would fix this fiddle. There are at least three distinctly different sounds going on in this example, and we've talked about it before. Each articulation has a different amount of natural ambiance, and different panning. The latter is a matter of programming, they could compensate for the different locations, but the totally different sounding articulations makes it clear that this violin wasn't put together from a single sampling session, but rather, they cobbled together the different sounds from various sources - argh. Just wish they would do better.

But - back to the music, I enjoyed and I thank ye.

Randy

Ahh ... This is just what I needed to hear tonight after suffering through another Yankee virtually-hitless performance in our loss to your beloved Rangers!

Seriously, Larry, this piece plum-out sparkles; just tremendous. Wow ... what passion and animation! Vivace!!

Thanks for posting your piece; really enjoyed it.

Frank

Thursday's game should be interesting (what are they thinking?: A day game in Texas in late July!!) Let the heat strokes begin!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Ah, I do enjoy sitting back and opening up another lesson from Master Alexander. Once again, it's a study in tidy perfection, and also as always, so full of energy. You're so much more disciplined than me - I've never been able to compose something so truly classical.

This is something you have no control over, but criminey I wish East/West would fix this fiddle. There are at least three distinctly different sounds going on in this example, and we've talked about it before. Each articulation has a different amount of natural ambiance, and different panning. The latter is a matter of programming, they could compensate for the different locations, but the totally different sounding articulations makes it clear that this violin wasn't put together from a single sampling session, but rather, they cobbled together the different sounds from various sources - argh. Just wish they would do better.

But - back to the music, I enjoyed and I thank ye.

Randy
    I also wish that East/West would do the right thing with this particular sampled instrument. Maybe some day.

Thanks for your input, as always, Mister Randy.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Ahh ... This is just what I needed to hear tonight after suffering through another Yankee virtually-hitless performance in our loss to your beloved Rangers!

Seriously, Larry, this piece plum-out sparkles; just tremendous. Wow ... what passion and animation! Vivace!!

Thanks for posting your piece; really enjoyed it.

Frank

Thursday's game should be interesting (what are they thinking?: A day game in Texas in late July!!) Let the heat strokes begin!

The day game is necessary in order to give the Yanks time to fly to their next game. It should be a typical Texas hot one today.

Thanks for your comments my Yankee friend.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry, though I can't say I share your love of baseball, I certainly enjoyed this! I was just thinking yesterday on my way into work that your writing is incredibly clean and concise, and this is no exception. This was a very refreshing listen this morning, thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry, though I can't say I share your love of baseball, I certainly enjoyed this! I was just thinking yesterday on my way into work that your writing is incredibly clean and concise, and this is no exception. This was a very refreshing listen this morning, thanks for sharing!
    I appreciate the good words and compliments, Mister Michael. Thanks very much.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Lively little piece full of character. The violin lines are superb (regardless of the sample issues). I've heard a few of your piano/violin pieces now and they are always so concise, clean and expertly written, and sounding.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Lively little piece full of character. The violin lines are superb (regardless of the sample issues). I've heard a few of your piano/violin pieces now and they are always so concise, clean and expertly written, and sounding.
    I'm pleased that this work pleases you, young Lad. Thank you for having a listen.

May all of your clover have four leaves!

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Dang,.......call in the fire trucks, this fiddle is smoke'n .

Although this probably wasn't your intent on this piece Larry, many of your compositions want to make me dance. Here I'm listening minding my own business, and my foot starts tapping, then migrating off to the left, then right, then the other foot, and before you know it I'm dancing while the chair remains fastened to my behind. Although I imagine this looks really silly, think how ridiculous it would be if I had 3 legs!

Just another delight Larry. Keep them coming!

Cass

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast