• Register
  • Help

Topic: El Mariachi!

Share/Bookmark

El Mariachi!

Hi,
    does anybody know, where I can find a mariachi style trumpet? I used to take the one to be found in the Roland VAs. This was a really useful sound, specially when mixed with the classic libraries like qlb, ao or so. Added a nice touch of liveliness, perhaps even because it was just a set of \"just-for-fun-add-on-samples\".
    Thanks,
    Sönke

Re: El Mariachi!

Originally posted by sönke:
    Hi,
    does anybody know, where I can find a mariachi style trumpet? I used to take the one to be found in the Roland VAs. This was a really useful sound, specially when mixed with the classic libraries like qlb, ao or so. Added a nice touch of liveliness, perhaps even because it was just a set of \"just-for-fun-add-on-samples\".
    Thanks,
    Sönke
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Sonke
    I´m also looking for Mariachi style trumpets too. I heard the Roland SRJV18 Latin card which have several mariachi trumpets and sound very nice but their ranges are a little limited. I´m not so shure about the VA trumpets, may be they are the same samples.
    Roland once developed a S770 series cdroms (World Instruments) which mentions in its brochure Mariachi brass, Guitarron (Mexican Acustic Bass) and Vihuela (5 string \"alto\" guitar) along with a lot of other country´s instruments. I´m wonder if anybody knows if this Cdrom ever was released by Roland.
    Right now, I´m not aware of any usable trumpet sample for this style of music or even for pop in general.
    Regards
    Jose Pereira

Re: El Mariachi!

Hi Sonke
    I´m also looking for Mariachi style trumpets too. I heard the Roland SRJV18 Latin card which have several mariachi trumpets and sound very nice but their ranges are a little limited. I´m not so shure about the VA trumpets, may be they are the same samples.
    Roland once developed a S770 series cdroms (World Instruments) which mentions in its brochure Mariachi brass, Guitarron (Mexican Acustic Bass) and Vihuela (5 string \"alto\" guitar) along with a lot of other country´s instruments. I´m wonder if anybody knows if this Cdrom ever was released by Roland.
    Right now, I´m not aware of any usable trumpet sample for this style of music or even for pop in general.
    Regards
    Jose Pereira
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">hi jose,
    the 770 cdrom is a very much earlier product. the va samples, i was talking about, come from roland europes luigi bruti, who sampled around the world some 4-5 years ago. i didnt know, they have a latin board. as you already suspected, it features those va samples. so, thanx a lot for the hint. i will reactivate my old 1080 and get this board...
    regards,
    sönke

Go Back to forum