• Register
  • Help

Topic: 3 part piece and i wouldn't call it ambient 'cuz i don't even know what that means.

Share/Bookmark

3 part piece and i wouldn't call it ambient 'cuz i don't even know what that means.

It uses GPO's Harp and Glissando Harp.

https://soundcloud.com/chrismabry/3-...provisations-i

Re: 3 part piece and i wouldn't call it ambient 'cuz i don't even know what that mean

I think you're right, Mabry, that this isn't "Ambient music." That tends to less startling, even though it can be musically interesting enough to be more than mere "background music." Your harp plucks and colliding notes that come in fits and starts is, to me, more in the general "experimental" category. I enjoyed hearing those harps being used in a rather pianistic way.

Randy

Re: 3 part piece and i wouldn't call it ambient 'cuz i don't even know what that mean

Hello Mabry, I enjoyed listening to these short recordings of yours! Though I think the harp has the natural ability to contain the qualities of atmospheric music, intended or not, I will refrain from calling it ambient

I do however, feel it could be incidental music with the sudden clashes of notes that overlay the resonance of the harp. But, who am I to try to classify your music? I think what you have here is great, and exhibits some interesting ideas! I rarely hear solo harp, so this was a pleasant experience. Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum