• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Rain Piano & Studio Grand 88

Share/Bookmark

The Rain Piano & Studio Grand 88

Ok, finally.....

The Rain Piano
    A serious Upright piano with character. Sometimes a Grand Piano is simply too much or lacks personality. Rain Piano is professionally detuned to add character while staying in tune with your other instruments. A true 8 velocity X2 (pedal Up / pedal Down) The extra velocities provide smooth response from softest to loudest timbres. Recorded at Studio Kuling, Sweden using only the finest gear and mastered in 24 bit stereo. 6 User Preset Voicings included
    Demo 1 Demo 2 Demo 3
    (No effects what so ever has been added to the demos)
    Complete Helpfile
    Price: $95

The Studio Grand 88
    Studio Grand 88-2 CD Gigasample Instrument A huge sample instrument with ultra realism from true 8 Velocity X2 (Pedal Up / Pedal Down) which provides extra responsive velocity layering smooth transition from softest to loudest timbres. Malmsjo Concert Grand Piano. Recorded at Studio Kuling in Orebro, Sweden One of Sweden\'s finest rooms for recording acoustic instruments All samples 44.1kHz Stereo Originally mastered in 24bit depth for ultra-low noise. 6 User Preset Voicings included
    Demo 1 Demo 2 Demo 3
    (No effects what so ever has been added to the demos)
    Complete Helpfile
    Price: $95

Rain Piano & Studio Grand 88 Special Bundle:
    As a small Christmas gift in advance, we offer both the Rain Piano & Studio Grand 88 in a bundle for just $175!

Check Bigga Giggas for more details!

Re: The Rain Piano & Studio Grand 88

The Studio Grand 88
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Very nice. Very nice indeed. I love demo #2. I wasn\'t planning on buying another piano, but I\'m going to have to seriously consider this one . . .

Lawrence

Originally posted by Lougheed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Studio Grand 88

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Very nice. Very nice indeed. I love demo #2. I wasn\'t planning on buying another piano, but I\'m going to have to seriously consider this one . . .

Lawrence
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks! You can never have to many pianos..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    The second demo was made by a friend of mine, Sven Bornemark.

Here\'s another demo made using the Rain Piano.
    I think that this, in a rather good way, shows the potential and unique sound of the Rain Piano.
    Demo 4

...and another one made with the Studio Grand 88:
    Demo 4

ahhhhh.... Rachmaninoff! I grew up on him. it\'s so nice to hear something I love over all the purgatory creek & fantasy impromtu mp3\'s. the piano sounds beautiful!

Aaron Dirk

Yes, the Rachmaninoff mp3 is my favorite of all the demo\'s you\'e posted. Nice stuff. Lets us hear the velocities and the midrange.

Originally posted by ngstime:
    ahhhhh.... Rachmaninoff! I grew up on him. it\'s so nice to hear something I love over all the purgatory creek & fantasy impromtu mp3\'s. the piano sounds beautiful!

Aaron Dirk
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks!

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Yes, the Rachmaninoff mp3 is my favorite of all the demo\'s you\'e posted. Nice stuff. Lets us hear the velocities and the midrange.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Since this piano (and te Rain Piano), has 8 velocities pedalup & 8 pedal down, it really makes good transitions between the layers. No filter what so ever was used, just the samples.
    When sampling the Studio Grand, I sampled 12-13 velocity layers/note & pedal, (10-11 with the Rain Piano).
    I used a specially developed software that enabled me to be very accurate when sampling different velocities since it\'s probably impossible to do this \"by hand\".
    From those samples I then chose 8 pedalup and 8 pedaldown from the set of samples.
    What I found was that having that many samples gave me really, really good transition between the velocity layers. When playing, you can\'t really hear when going from one layer to the other.
    This is also a thing that makes these pianos unique! I don\'t know of any sampled piano on the market today that actually uses 8/8 samples per note.

I\'ve gotta say, dude, I am thrilled about these pianos. I\'ve been stuck with Gigapiano for awhile, not being able to decide what upgrade path to take but I think I\'ve found the ones for me. Can\'t beat the price either!

I especially like the Rain Piano. It reminds me so much of 2 pianos that have great sentimental value to me: the one I grew up playing on, and one I played in a production of \"House of Blue Leaves.\" The one my family had only got a couple of tunings early on, but throughout the years it never went quite out of tune which made it a lot of fun to play on. The one from the show was some old thing that probably had been sitting out in the rain for awhile before we adopted it, and I must say your Rain Piano sounds exactly like it. Sorry to ramble, but the demos just evoked some long lost memory of happier times, and IMHO that really says a lot.

I look forward to owning both of these libraries and using them if only for my own personal enjoyment. Great job and thank you.

Spencer Warren

Go Back to forum