• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano maestros! Name these tunes!

Piano maestros! Name these tunes!

Hey folks - I found a huge list of piano MIDI files that\'s comprised of such descriptive names as 001, 002, 003, etc. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] So, I was hoping that you would help me name the three tunes I\'ve posted on my site.

GPO Steinway 1 - THis is a longer piece that I\'m sure I\'ve heard in my music history class, but that was the late 80\'s and I\'m embarrassed that I can\'t remember.

GPO Steinway 2 - This is a shorter piece that I found has some really nice runs in it.

GPO Steinway 3 - Softer, more subtle chording and sustains, with some surprising strikes in the right hand.

As you can see, they were all created with Garritan Personal Orchestra\'s Steinway instrument inside Nuendo 2 as a VSTi plug-in. Once rendered, they were processed with Nuendo\'s \"Acoustic Stamp\" convolution processor, using Garritan\'s impulse file that comes with their Orchestral Strings library.

Thanks much! I\'m afraid that I can\'t think of a prize to give to anyone who might name these correctly, other than the pride of saving me from losing sleep over making my music history professor roll in his grave. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Piano maestros! Name these tunes!

The third one is part of the 3 Gymnopedies (Gymnopedie number 2, I think) written by Erik Satie, a French composer. It\'s written in 1888.

Alex Cremers

The first is Sonate #14 \"Clair de lune\" (presto agitato) from Ludwig Von.

The first is the 3rd movement of Beethoven\'s \'Moonlight\' sonata.

....and the second is the prelude from one of Bach\'s 48 preludes and fugeues, although I can\'t remember which number.

2nd one is the B flat prelude from Bach\'s \"Well Tempered...\" 24 preludes and fugues - 1st series(?)

Thanks! I *think* I have a copy of the WTC (Well Tempered Clavier) either here or in storage, but the other will probably send me to Musician\'s Supply to verify the score.

If anyone else has any comments they\'d wish to add, please feel free.

Thanks again,

Go Back to forum