• Register
  • Help

Topic: Come to Me

Share/Bookmark

Come to Me

This is a short little piece I wrote last night. I hope someday to make it a much larger/longer work once I can get past my mental roadblock.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...%20to%20Me.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Come to Me

Hi Mitch,

Sounds like the germ of a very nice piece ... and I think with a more polished and developed arrangement and orchestration, it needn't be much longer than this. It has a song-like quality to it, making it ideal for a short-to-medium length treatment.

Sounds very pensive! Will be looking forward to hearing your next iteration of it.

Frank

Hello Mitch!

I really enjoyed the melody of this. I mean, I really liked the piece as a whole, but the melody stuck out. I agree with Frank that length-wise, this is good, especially if you are aiming for the song-like quality. I could also see this expanded upon as a suite or multi-movement type thing. Since you said you wrote this in a night though, I'm impressed with what you have, and this, as good as it is, certainly has plenty of potential and could go in many different directions. I'd be glad to see where you take it!

Hope your mental road opens up soon

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Wonderful, Mitch - Once in a great while someone will post something they came up in a burst of inspiration the night before, but not too often. This has a European folk quality to it which does make it song-like, as Frank and Michael commented on. It's a great start - I bet you can hardly wait to dig in and do more with it.

Wow - thanks, Mitch - it's far too seldom that we hear from you.

Randy

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input and support. I feel as far as polish is concerned there's only so much I can do with Finale (2012). Seems that what I hear when I play it through Finale I get more feeling than when I save it through the Finale Export option. I have touched it up a bit just a few minutes ago but getting the right sound is always a tough chore for me. Some day I'm going to have to dig in to Sonar X2 more and see what I can do with that. I may even come up with some words to this one some day. There are a few floating around in my head when I listen to it. Will see.

Thanks again,

Mitch
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Come to Me - Revised version

So I dug into Finale and tweaked a couple settings and came up with this polished version. Hope I did the right thing.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...%20to%20Me.mp3

Mitch

(Sorry, I overlaid the previous version so there's nothing to compare to...)

Go Back to forum