• Register
  • Help

Topic: CC#7 and the ARIA Volume Faders in Sonar X2 AAARRGGHH

Share/Bookmark

CC#7 and the ARIA Volume Faders in Sonar X2 AAARRGGHH

Okay, I must be a dolt. I know it has worked for me in the past but now I can't get the volume faders in ARIA to stay still and not move from where I want them adjusted. In Sonar X2 I use the PRV and remove all CC#7 settings by erasing them. But when I start playback, the faders all go to a slider position other than the one I set it to (unless, of course, I have actually set them to where they want to go). I push the sliders to full volume and the will go back to a default position. I can push the faders to no volume and they still go to a default position (which by the way is not the same for each instrument loaded).

Is this a problem in ARIA or Sonar and where in either would I find a preference setting that may be causing this. I thought I was pretty intelligent and had a grasp of ARIA and Sonar but ALAS, poor Yorick, I know it not!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: CC#7 and the ARIA Volume Faders in Sonar X2 AAARRGGHH

Rich,

In Sonar track view right click on the volume for the track and select Disable Control. That should stop it from resetting the volume in ARIA.

Jim

Doh! I should have known that! Thanks so much for the reply.

Rich

Haydn has you covered there, Rich. Disabling the track in Sonar gives the control back to ARIA, just as he said.
    One of the drawbacks of doing that is that if you ever touch that track control in Sonar again, control reverts back to it.

Here's the advice I always give on this - In all DAW software, the concept is that the Host, the DAW program itself, is the master. I let Sonar control ARIA and whatever else, because it's so easy to let it do that. I never touch ARIA's sliders. I have the track headers available right there in Sonar with all the controls I need, including volume, so those are all I ever use. ARIA's sliders are just duplicates of what's already in that one program, and they respond to CC7 which Sonar's sliders uses, so my mindset is that it's logical for plugins like ARIA to be the guests, with the recording program as the master of the house, the complete host.

And then, ARIA's specific volume for each track isn't super critical to me since I bounce my tracks to audio, and that's when I get actually serious about trying to get things balanced.

Randy

Here's the advice I always give on this - In all DAW software, the concept is that the Host, the DAW program itself, is the master. I let Sonar control ARIA and whatever else, because it's so easy to let it do that. I never touch ARIA's sliders. I have the track headers available right there in Sonar with all the controls I need, including volume, so those are all I ever use. ARIA's sliders are just duplicates of what's already in that one program, and they respond to CC7 which Sonar's sliders uses, so my mindset is that it's logical for plugins like ARIA to be the guests, with the recording program as the master of the house, the complete host.
    That is excellent advise and usually that is my plan of attack. I just got confused when I saw the ARIA sliders moving without any CC#7 information showing up in the piano roll view. I took a mental blank and forgot the sliders in the Sonar channels are controlling CC#7 also. That is why I said DOH in my last comment.

You guys are great helpers, THANKS!

Rich

Go Back to forum