• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pizz. Pieces

Share/Bookmark

Pizz. Pieces

For new members of this forum who may not have heard them, here are some of my all-pizzicato works:

"Pizztacular"

"Pizz"

"Abe Plinkin'"

Regards to all.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Pizz. Pieces

I am able to repost only. I have not been able to have my crashed computer repaired so I can't compose new music.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Fun and brilliant as always! I haven't heard these so thanks for the repost.

I had thought while listening that Abe Plinken would be quite interesting arranged for banjo and mandolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bendshadler View Post
    Fun and brilliant as always! I haven't heard these so thanks for the repost.

I had thought while listening that Abe Plinken would be quite interesting arranged for banjo and mandolin.
    Thanks for having a listen, Mister Daniel and a good day to you!

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello Larry!

I laughed out loud when I saw those titles. "Abe Plinkin?" How do you come up with these? Your titles are always amusing and creative. Of course, that is nothing compared to the music, which is just great!

I am not very familiar with string instruments and always wondered how far I could take the pizz. technique. I've never been sure how fast I could take pizzicato without becoming too difficult. Perhaps you could enlighten me and let me know what caliber of players might be required to perform some pieces like this? I would love to know!

Here's to hoping your computer issues are resolved soon! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry!

I laughed out loud when I saw those titles. "Abe Plinkin?" How do you come up with these? Your titles are always amusing and creative. Of course, that is nothing compared to the music, which is just great!

I am not very familiar with string instruments and always wondered how far I could take the pizz. technique. I've never been sure how fast I could take pizzicato without becoming too difficult. Perhaps you could enlighten me and let me know what caliber of players might be required to perform some pieces like this? I would love to know!

Here's to hoping your computer issues are resolved soon! Thanks for sharing!
    My titles are the product of a weird, demented mind.

The tempo and playability of pizz are determined by the skill and technique of the player and the type of music. I am a "standup" bass player with a lot of experience playing with jazz groups since around 1950. I pluck utilizing all four fingers and the thumb of my right hand and am able to perform at very fast tempo. In my works above it would probably be necessary for violin, viola and cello players to use at least the first two fingers of their right hand to perform successfully. Experience and technique are the key words.

Thanks for commenting.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum