• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any CDs Out There With "Hits"?

Share/Bookmark

Any CDs Out There With "Hits"?

Since I got rid of my Roland 5080, one thing I\'ve been without is those cheesy \"hits\" orchestral and otherwise, you hear in dance/pop stuff. Since I do a lot of that, when I\'m not doing orchestral things, I\'ve been scrounging for ways to get around it. Any CDs in GIGA format with a lot of this kind of thing on it?

Thanks!

Re: Any CDs Out There With "Hits"?

Tom,

There are probably alot newer CDs out with new hits and such, but u might want to check the \'Dance Mega\' stuff (techno, hip hop, jungle) on soundsonline. They come with alot of hits and stabs and stuff. The CDs are mostly drum loops though but they do have alot of hits and stuff.

These are in akai format only though I believe but they convert fine to Gig.

Originally posted by Damon:
    Tom,

There are probably alot newer CDs out with new hits and such, but u might want to check the \'Dance Mega\' stuff (techno, hip hop,

These are in akai format only though I believe but they convert fine to Gig.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Damon, will do...appreciate it.

They\'re easy to make yourself, simply record timpani, trumpet (staccato or not), french horn(staccato or not),tuba(staccato or not) and snare + cymbal crashes to do this. The patches need fast attack however. Though these will sound more along the lines of a real orchestra hit.

Originally posted by tomhartman:
    Since I got rid of my Roland 5080, one thing I\'ve been without is those cheesy \"hits\" orchestral and otherwise, you hear in dance/pop stuff. Since I do a lot of that, when I\'m not doing orchestral things, I\'ve been scrounging for ways to get around it. Any CDs in GIGA format with a lot of this kind of thing on it?

Thanks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Silly! You should have sampled it BEFORE you sold it!!

Ed

Originally posted by Ed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by tomhartman:

Thanks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Silly! You should have sampled it BEFORE you sold it!!

Ed
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">But, as Nixon once said, \"But that would be wrong!. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I know. I could ring my own neck....

What is it with people and these hits!?! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    You know, it\'s funny. A couple of years ago I worked in a pop production studio as a beat sequencer. They were constantly on my case, wanting those \"orchhits\" that are everywhere in Britney Spears\' hits. They are VERY rare! I went through their whole library of sample cds for their akais and gathered about 10 hits or so in total. They would then have to be processed.

So in response to your question I think it\'s fair to say that \"hits\" are few and far between!

Sorry! There are some hits on my yamaha cS2x (along with some other useful sounds)

Thomas

Go Back to forum