• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where to find Middle Eastern Chants/Singing?

Share/Bookmark

Where to find Middle Eastern Chants/Singing?

I\'m looking for some Middle Eastern-esk chants or singing, but they need to be phrases of some substance, and crazy aggressive.....thinking Black Hawk Down....or maybe the beginning of Excorcist.

I\'ve been through alot of libraries (I would imagine I\'ve been through the \"top 5\" libraries everyone thinks would have this stuff), and I\'m astonished at how lacking this area is......
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Where to find Middle Eastern Chants/Singing?

Not exactly sure what your needs are, but I just ordered Spiritual Voices from Sounds Online. With the December sale it\'s only $69.

There\'s a lot of phrases from africa and the Middle East. Several moslem and hindu chants etc....

However I DO agree this is a section of libraries that is greatly lacking.

J-

Maybe Vocal Planet has what you need. Listen to the VP World Demo...http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/vocalplanet.html

Thinking better , VP might not have what you are looking for. Try \"Voices of Istanbul\" and \"Arabian Traditions\" , they´re akai format...

Do any of these \"foreign language\" sample CDs document what each sample is saying? you know... just in case somebody asks me what they mean before airing it.

I don\'t want later to find out that my platinum-selling album is chanting \"I am a moron, listen to me\"

Thanks for the tips guys.

Vocal Planet definately doesn\'t have it....one of my \"top 5\" choices that you\'d think would have it. VP has brief efforts, but it\'s not what I\'m looking for.

I\'ll check the others.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the time spent to reply.

J.Whaley,

Thanks for that tip! Spiritual Voices sounds awesome. I just ordered it.

-- Martin

There was a discussion on this subject about 5 or 6 months ago. Maybe this will help?

http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005335

Rich B

Go Back to forum