• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gary is posting on the new Garritan blog

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Gary is posting on the new Garritan blog

Hi Everyone,

Gary is posting on the new Garritan Blog:

http://www.garritan.com/blog/welcome...garritan-blog/

The new Garritan Blog will feature posts from Gary and other Garritan team members. Check back for new posts.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Re: Gary is posting on the new Garritan blog

Well, the obvious questions are: What will be happening to this forum? And will Garritan still be a part of us? If not, how many of those of who post here (whose advice I have come to rely on) will follow (if they are not also part of the Garriatn team)?

Allegro Data Solutions

This is certainly a "bolt out of the blue." I hope things will become more apparent in the coming days. I enjoy this community but miss the days when Gary was active and involved with this forum.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Interesting.

Well, way back before MakeMusic acquired Garritan, Gary was in the process of having an archived version of our Forum here put together so it could be ported to his Garritan site. That project didn't come into fruition after the deal was made with MakeMusic. But last time I exchanged messages with Gary about the topic of the Forum, he said he was making it clear to MM how important it was to him to continue the Forum under their umbrella, in whatever way that was possible. I would think, considering it's been so long now, that the job of setting up what we have here at MM is no easy task. When Gary had the archive concept, he was talking about keeping representative posts, not the entire history of the Forum. I have no idea what the concept is now.

Right now, it's anyone's guess what will actually happen. But, as Gary says on his new blog:

"...Over the years the Garritan forum has been our source of community and news..."

And that's Us. It's the community that has been going for many more years than I've been a member. I trust that somehow, in some form, what we have here will eventually be integrated into MM--which, by the way, is now exclusively distributed by Alfred Music. So - there's one more complication. Are we talking about everything coming through their site now? -- Don't know.

Randy

I posted a comment in Gary's blog late last night but it's not showing now.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

That's strange. My comment is there and Gary responded to it. Hmmm....
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    I posted a comment in Gary's blog late last night but it's not showing now.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks.
    To cut down on spam, we approve comments. If it's not visible, it will be after we've seen it. Anything posted on weekends will likely be approved on Monday.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

It's very nice to see Gary posting online again.

The blog format is fine, but limited in what it can do. It will be good for promoting products, but I don't see it becoming a place for much actual conversation and in-depth information, tutorials etc.

So, I'm sure all of us here look forward to the "forthcoming new forum" Gary mentions in his first blog post. And I'm sure we're also more than just curious what is going to be the fate of these Garritan Forums at NorthernSounds where a handful of us have continued the tradition of sharing information and music long since Gary stopped visiting.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Phillips View Post
    To cut down on spam, we approve comments. If it's not visible, it will be after we've seen it. Anything posted on weekends will likely be approved on Monday.
    Hello Justin,

Thank you for reply and explanation.

I posted a duplicate message thinking I'd missed something in posting my original message. Perhaps you could skip my second attempt and just include my original.

I'm not used to posting on blogs.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum