• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scoring for movie "Kuamiko" - a bunch more done!

Share/Bookmark

Scoring for movie "Kuamiko" - a bunch more done!

A couple of you had asked to be kept up to date with my progress on scoring the movie, so here it is! 7 minutes done now. Libraries used are GPO, GAS, Sonatina Symphony Orchestra, Kore Free Player, and Dimension Pro.

Enjoy!
    Owen

<font size="3">
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: Scoring for movie "Kuamiko" - a bunch more done!

Oh boy! Seeing this post made me light up--I've been waiting for the next chapter, Owen.

Dang you're good - So many moods, seamlessly flowing one to the other, always appropriately underscoring the action, and all so nicely orchestrated and recorded. You have an excellent feel for this soundtrack thing!

Randy

Owen,

Quite remarkable!!!! Thanks so much for keeping us up to date on this project. The animator must be very pleased with the soundtrack you are providing.

Ditto on everything Randy said about the flow and orchestration. I just love your varied orchestral pallet here. The synth used in the "store" episode was unexpected but a delightful use of it . (Loved the dialog at that point too....."my shoes ARE off!!") Pipe organ with the pig was right on too.

Really, everything sounds great to me. You do have quite a knack for providing a fulfilling, colorful, poignant score for animation. Not everyone can do this, so my hat is off to you. Great job!!

Cass

Thank you, Randy and Cass, for those encouraging words! I wasn't expecting this, but I spend the largest chunk of time hunting around for suitable patches to use. Dimension Pro is great, but the names they have given the patches aren't always that helpful. Who would have thought that Alien Piano would be perfect?! Still, I guess I will get to learn where the good ones are over time.

Heheh! That was good! LOL, I got a laugh at the guy who was suppose to give the girl a manicure. The music fit perfectly with the animations.

Great work,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Heheh! That was good! LOL, I got a laugh at the guy who was suppose to give the girl a manicure. The music fit perfectly with the animations.
    Thanks, Richard! The producer of this movie said he got a giggle watching that scene with the music added, despite the fact that he's heard the dialogue a thousand times already. I took that as a big compliment that my music added something to the scene.

Love the strings over the sustained bass at around 2:00 min. Really captures creepy bald guy.
    Brilliant use of this "alien piano patch" very 80's cartoon feel!
    I also really like the clarinet solo towards the end though the performance felt a bit stilted like it needs more swing. Not sure I'd know how to pull that off myself.

Thanks, Daniel, for listening and commenting. Glad you liked the strings (which was the cello patch from Sonatina Symphony Orchestra). I suspect a little Gorecki influence was in my head somewhere.

I agree about the clarinet solo. I think there's not enough variation of dynamics - no accents. Sometimes I play GPO as if it were a piano and expect it to know what I want it to do! All a learning process.....

Go Back to forum