• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ethno World 2.. Problems

Share/Bookmark

Ethno World 2.. Problems

Hi all

Generally speaking.. a great library.. a bargain at the price for the obvious amount of time and effort that\'s gone into getting some really unsampleable (Hey.. New word!!)... sampleable!!!

But last night I was working on headphones and on some of the samples there are some really bad start edits (not a real problem.. get rid of start clicks with attack setting) and more importantly on some samples loads of clicks and general audio crap!

I\'m not talking \"sweat of human skin on gut\" kind of clicks and noise (THAT bit is what makes this library great!)... it\'s more digital spikes / glitching.. the kind of stuff you get if your using digital stuff with a bad / no wordclock.

Because of this some of the sounds become unusable in isolation... If the rest of the library wasn\'t so wonderful I\'d be REALLY p****d off!

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Ty

Re: Ethno World 2.. Problems

I\'ve said this many times before. I have edited each and every sample in Ethno World 1 (Giga version). They all had long silent spaces before the actual sample began. It was a lot of work but I just couldn\'t live with the delay it brought with itself. \"He\" who does the editing in the Ethno World series needs to rethink his approach.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I\'ve noticed this and I\'ve mentioned it previously. Some samples click because they don\'t start on zero crossings and others have clicks a few samples into the sample!

I agree with Alex, the sample level editing of the Ethno World libs leaves something to be desired but they\'re still well worth having IMO.

Originally posted by dougrogers:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Marsdy:

I agree with Alex, the sample level editing of the EW libs leaves something to be desired but they\'re still well worth having IMO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey!!

This is a Best Service product - not EW.

I suggest you email info@bestservice.de with your comments.

- Doug
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ooops!!! Sorry Doug. When I said EW I was referring to Ethno World not East West. I\'ll edit my post so it\'s not so ambiguous.

Originally posted by Marsdy:

I agree with Alex, the sample level editing of the EW libs leaves something to be desired but they\'re still well worth having IMO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey!!

This is a Best Service product - not EW.

I suggest you email info@bestservice.de with your comments.

- Doug

Well I followed Doug\'s advice and emailed Best Service.

They were very responsive and seemed keen to correct any problems with Ethno World 2. They found the clicks I mentioned. It\'s certainly worth emailing them with any specific problems at mail@bestservice.de so they know what to look for.

Go Back to forum