• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good electronic sounds, beats?

Share/Bookmark

Good electronic sounds, beats?

I am considering adding some electronic/spacey type sounds to my library, as well as some electronic drum beats.. nothing too fast paced. More like mellow, serious-toned stuff. Think of that one track in The Matrix.. I think it plays during the menus on the DVD.

Any suggestions? So far, for the drums I have my eye on Chemical Beats, Beneath the Planet of the Breaks, Breakz From the Nu Skool. As far as electronic/spacey/synth instruments, I\'m at a loss.. textures are OK, but I need instruments that can carry a melody.

Thanks!

Re: Good electronic sounds, beats?

Liqued Grooves: Groove Control- one of the coolest libaries I own actually!

Distorted Reality 1 and 2 - for weird sounds and beats! The \'Oil Can Bow\' is used a lot on the Matrix

Distorted Reality Groove Control - for the same grooves from 1 and 2 (and some extra ones) but with groove control!

I quite like some of the other persussion libraries from Spectrasonics but I currently dont have enough dosh to get them. They would sound amazing with the above grooves!

Ed

Why don\'t you just get Stylus? Countless rhythm loops in different styles and you can mess around with them to your heart\'s content with the built in filters, panning, levels etc etc. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Limitless potential with this.

Thanks for the responses! Will check into these. Which libraries contain melodic new-age/spacey sounds? (as opposed to textures & pads) Textures are great to fill in the background, but I need instruments to take the lead in a piece and define a melody.

PS: Does Stylus work w/ Sonar? They didn\'t mention that anywhere, just other sequencers. I\'m assuming it does.

Sounds like exactly what you need is Atmosphere and Stylus. Atmosphere has a lot of sounds that work great as leads and melodys, tons of pads and ambiences and just about every synth texture you can think of.

Both of these work great in Sonar and have been tested with all the main wrappers. Lots of Sonars users are using both with success.

best,

spectrum

spectrum,

Thanks! Atmosphere seems very cool and probably exactly what I\'m looking for. All I have now is orchestral stuff, which is fine..but.. if I ever had to do an electronic-sounding soundtrack, I\'d be in trouble. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by spectrum:

Both of these work great in Sonar and have been tested with all the main wrappers. Lots of Sonars users are using both with success.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do they work on a TiBook 1Ghz using Logic under OSX?

-John

Ugh... MAKE YOUR OWN BEATS!!!!

Originally posted by spinach ravioli:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by spectrum:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Do they work on a TiBook 1Ghz using Logic under OSX?

-John
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t think they do yet. The Audio Units version is coming out soon though.

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Ugh... MAKE YOUR OWN BEATS!!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You _can_ with Stylus. You can do both in fact. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum