• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Birds and the Bees - A Love Composition

Share/Bookmark

The Birds and the Bees - A Love Composition

This is a practice composition for a classical love theme. As mentioned in the previous post (Classical Test) I am trying to go for that ROMONZA feel, LOL!

This is just a rough draft with no dynamics, I am trying to get the sound of it right before I continue.

Libraries Used:
    - Vienna Special Edition Strings
    - Vienna Soprano Choir

Re: The Birds and the Bees - A Love Composition

Nice first draft. I'll be curious what this sounds like when you finish with an intro, an ending and with dynamics. This has some really nice melodies and is very romantic in style. Well done!!!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...This is just a rough draft with no dynamics, I am trying to get the sound of it right before I continue...
    Well, getting "the sound of it right" can't be done without dynamics, Richard. You can't really hear what you're actually working with if you do nothing more than enter notes all at the same level, and record no volume control. See other recent post where I wagged my finger at you about that.

You have a sweet theme that lasts a few seconds, and so it's a nice start. But are you going to keep this in the gaming music style of just repeating one short theme on a loop?-or are you thinking of developing this into a slightly more sophisticated composition, with a B section, maybe a C section, variations, key changes, rhythm changes etc? -- I do hope you decide to give the one note thumping pizzicato a rest at some point. Before this test clip was over, I wanted to grab a fader and have them out for at least a measure or two!

Randy

You are right Randy in terms of sound... I keep messing up explanations, lol. I guess what I mean is the feel of the theme. Getting that romantic feel, not sonar/sound in general. Heheh... I know, the dynamics are important, now! Laziness is no option if you want to make a good composition. I guess I could have done a little more...

Ahh you hit me right in the spot! That is a problem for me... I get a melody theme stuck in my head, and then it becomes a endless loop! It helps with video games, but not in these kind of matters. I have to learn how to transition better. I don't use much percussion because of this reason. The picc strings ae basiclaly like how I would setup percussion... percussion is my enemy in compositions lol.

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum