• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Tribute to Boccherini

Share/Bookmark

A Tribute to Boccherini

This started off as a tribute to Boccherini after I listened to a number ot his string quintets. ( In particular, I wanted to imitate the rhythm of the final movement of his String Quintet in G (G351) However, I don\'t think this piece sounds anything like any of Boccherini\'s quintets. In fact, this is a quartet (string trio and piano).

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/Boccherini_M.Drost.mp3

Let me know what you think. I welcome all your comments.

Re: A Tribute to Boccherini

Very impressive! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    This piece sounds very realistic.

Hi Marko

Another great and original piece full of interesting twists and turns [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

There\'s also a very human looseness evident which sounds very real. I wish I could get my music to breathe as much as this.

One very small thing, is there a slightly suspect note around 50 secs? (I\'m going for pickiest comment of the year here!)

Marko, please tell us.... What string library are you using on this piece? (Or..is it REAL violins) Sounds pretty darn real to me.... very impressive ........ [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Gary

Marko???? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Those sound like real violins to me too.

I hear that bad note Marsdy hears too. Didn\'t hear it the first time but I went back to listen to those quick sextuplet phrases and heard it then.

If that\'s a library, color me impressed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gary,

Most of the sounds are from the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings library. I used Dan Dean pizzicato for the violin and viola only. The rest is KHSS.

Dana,

As much as I tried to imitate Boccherini the modernism simply creeps in.

Marsdy and Michael,

You are correct about those notes. I looked in the midi file and there are some extra unintended notes in the viola track right at that point. Very good ears!

Real violins! I wish I could afford real violins. Then I would have to afford real violin players!

Thanks for listening!

Marko

Very nice piece with a really cool heavy metal riff starting about 0:56 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The strings are maybe the most realistic solostrings I\'ve heard in mock ups.

- Mikko

Cool! Actually, much of it does remind me of the Boccherini quintets. But, I especially like the the sections where it seems to get a bit more modern (like at 1:40 and 2:15), they make a nice contrast.

When I heard the piece I even doubted if it was sampled or real!

Go Back to forum