• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Piece. - SAM Horns/SOV Boy Choirs

Share/Bookmark

Re: New Piece. - SAM Horns/SOV Boy Choirs

Very nice: make it longer! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nice work Ed. The guitar does sound real, right down to a string buzz in about the second measure.
    If that ain\'t real it\'s an artful device!

Sharmy- pardon my ignorance-what\'s a rub?

Cheers-
    Carl

Thanks for the kind words guys! I think might get the hang of orchestration yet!

DWDonehoo, I would like to make it longer, its just I nearly had mental breakdown yesterday when I was recording it. Cubase wouldn\'t play audio files... then it could, but the audio output broke up badly, etc etc, and of course the complimentary crash every 10 minutes.... Its all a blur, but I think I was in the corner of my room at one point blubbering..\"why ...why wont you work... I real nice to ya... why...please just work please... I\'m begging ya...\" ....

Still I learnt a lot about Cubase that day which, if nothing else, was a good thing. ;-)

Sharmy,

\"Very nice and sensitive.\" - thanks!

\" It sounds like a real guitar\" - thanks again... ;-)

\"You have a couple of rubs. Just a little past half way through on the crescendo, listen carefully. You have a smaller rub a few seconds later. \".

I know its not perfect, and I value crisistim of course but could you expand on this? What is a rub? ;-) Please I need to know these things for next time!!! - btw I only noticed the angry smiley face when you pointed it out.

Carl, I\'m glad you (and Sharmy) think this guitar sounds real. Should I spoil the unintended illusion? What the hell.... (both) are of course off Zimmer Guitar 1, (Hi again Eric!) I\'m not a guitar player at all, so I\'m so glad that you guys think it was a realistic sound.

Ed

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Carl,

Actually there\'s the rub comes from Shakespeare. Now I sound a lot smarter than I actually am. In this case I think there is unintentional dissonance in the 2 spots I mentioned earlier.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ahh I get you now, I think. I see what you mean actually... maybe it would help if it was slower? Could you expand yet again? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

New Piece. - SAM Horns/SOV Boy Choirs

Please have a listen and tell me what you think! (its only 1.5 mb)

http://www.northernsounds.net/gigavote/index.php?id=84&c=Orchestral&rnum=9

\"...Title:A flowing romantic style piece using SAM horns that reminds me of the Enterprise Star Trek TV scores... \"

i think it came out pretty well. Damn those intervals patches are really usefull! I also used a lot of boys choir SOV as well. I love those 5th up and 5th down patches of the boys choir, I just wish there were more variations!

Ed

Hi Ed!

Nice piece. Really enjoyed listening, to both you provided!

Sharmy, Try \"edit\" the message, choose the right icon above the text field, that should make it happen... (edit is left to quote on a message)

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Ed,

I don\'t think slower is the answer. Listen to the build in the crescendo. Take parts out, put them back in....there is a clash. Check the violin trills. I\'d pull them first. If thats the problem fade them in.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">But I like the violin trills!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I guess I\'ll have to try something, Im sure Ill figure something out.

Ed

Go Back to forum