• Register
  • Help

Topic: VotA Dictionary

Share/Bookmark

VotA Dictionary

Is there such a thing? I did a search on the forum here, but i only found a few words..

Re: VotA Dictionary

The new version of VotaUtility will have a english/votox translator with 100.000 words.

We are thinking on releasing it at NAMM (Jan03)

Originally posted by Nuno Fonseca:
    The new version of VotaUtility will have a english/votox translator with 100.000 words.

We are thinking on releasing it at NAMM (Jan03)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I dont know if you want to reveal any details about it, but will it be easy to make your own dictionary and plug it into VotA-Utility? Im from Norway and I would love to be able to make a norwegian add-on..

The new version will also allow the user to add words to the diccionary, i.e., you can create your own words and store them.

The utility only have a english convertor because i only found an english phonetics diccionary. If you find diccionaries (in digital format of course) with phonetics information of other languages, i can include them on this version.

The information that i need is the word and it\'s phonetics.
    Regarding the format, anything (of course that a format like txt, html, access, excel, etc, is almost direct, by opposition to strange file formats...).

Originally posted by Nuno Fonseca:
    The new version will also allow the user to add words to the diccionary, i.e., you can create your own words and store them.

The utility only have a english convertor because i only found an english phonetics diccionary. If you find diccionaries (in digital format of course) with phonetics information of other languages, i can include them on this version.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What kinds of digital formats could you use then?
    .htm .txt or?? Maybe I can get one for norwegian and maybe one for ancient norwegian. Would have been cool to have the choir chanting some viking war chants [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Nagash20:
    ...Im from Norway and I would love to be able to make a norwegian add-on..
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m from the Roman Empire and would love some support for Latin... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Well, Italian would be nice as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Really looking forward, you rock, Nuno! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Peter

I am looking forward to showing off Nuno\'s utility at NAMM. For me , the ultimate would be an english to latin to votox converter. But a small folder of Latin words and phrases would be great.

Latin used in chruch would be enough... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And this isn\'t that much (a complete agnus dei [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , and so on... some \"one shots\") I\'d suggest to get a hymn-book (for the lack of a better term) from church, Nuno... Hope Portugal\'s catholics don\'t mind [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] As for the phonetics - it\'s quite simple for an european as it is pronounced almost literally, no bigger exceptions... Also many choirs singing in latin, so there is a big variety to compare to...

Would be a very great feature...

Go Back to forum