• Register
  • Help

Topic: Classical Guitar?

Share/Bookmark

Classical Guitar?

I\'m looking for a library that will allow me to do some classical guitar-esque pieces, would my best bet be Pure Guitars?
    Thanks!
    -zq

Re: Classical Guitar?

Though not perfect, Pure Guitars is really very nice. The nylons have a beautiful tone...FWIW

What about the Roland Guitar and Bass Volume 1 Library?
    Has anyone used it?

In the pipes, in the pipes.....
    As a matter of fact, today I had te first meeting with the guitarist theat I\'m gonna use to record the next big Bigga Gigga production.
    I think that the tone is soooo much in the players fingers when it comes to classical guitar so you need a pro classical guitarist to produce the right sound.
    Musician\'s ready, I\'m now looking at a couple of sites where recording will take place. I probably go for the BIG room, with lot\'s of ambience (Yes Tob, I\'ve been inspired [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Recording will begin early next year!

i would suggest against the recording of ambient classical guitar ...... as a life long classical guitarist ..... i am always disenchanted with the sound of mine and other\'s guitars in a hall .... most halls (even john williams in orchestral hall in chicago).... you would be better off in a nice church ... halls tend to \'swallow\' the guitar ... even when it is solo ....

besides ..... i\'m not hip to the whole idea of ambient samples ..... i prefer my artificial ambience .... and no one cares (clients) .... if i have no control over the wetness, i get terribly frustrating during mixing ....

i have used the samples so graciously provides by Tob ..... and a few times i have had to exclude them because they became burried ..... and there was nothing i could do about it .... but i thank him dearly for his work.

if you have questions about micing and techiniques .... feel free to ask.

passacaglia

Originally posted by passacaglia:
    i would suggest against the recording of ambient classical guitar ...... as a life long classical guitarist ..... i am always disenchanted with the sound of mine and other\'s guitars in a hall .... most halls (even john williams in orchestral hall in chicago).... you would be better off in a nice church ... halls tend to \'swallow\' the guitar ... even when it is solo ....

besides ..... i\'m not hip to the whole idea of ambient samples ..... i prefer my artificial ambience .... and no one cares (clients) .... if i have no control over the wetness, i get terribly frustrating during mixing ....

i have used the samples so graciously provides by Tob ..... and a few times i have had to exclude them because they became burried ..... and there was nothing i could do about it .... but i thank him dearly for his work.

if you have questions about micing and techiniques .... feel free to ask.

passacaglia
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In fact, I intended to use a church! Anyway, I guess that dry samples gives you the freedom of adding reverb yourself, but I\'ve found that the tone of acoustic instruments really gets a chanse of \"maturing\" if you listen to them in a place that has great abmbience.
    I\'ll use two stereo pairs, one close and one ambient so one can blend how much ambience you want. But I probably go for a church with these.
    The guitarist are now contemplating on which guitar and which strings to use.....

Hey Worra,

FWIW, I really like the recording job you did on BoB. Very nice.

Rick

Hans Zimmer Guitars is still a must have. Lots of variety, and great sounding acoustic guitars.
    -Hudson

Go Back to forum