• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sample start - Modwheel + Key-trigger...(Please)

Share/Bookmark

Sample start - Modwheel + Key-trigger...(Please)

Hi,

I have just released my bass libs for Halion and I could do a lot of things due to it\'s open structure.

I have been here before but can anyone for NI tell me if they plan to make more options available to control sample start simultanious?

Like:

Play sample IF \"note on\" AND \"Key-trigger C0\" AND \"Mod-wheel at 0-31\" AND \"Foot-control at 127\"

Please? Halion 1 and 2 can do this (the last foot stuff is Hal2 only)

It is really cool for instruments.

If not - at least give us some program changes...

Re: Sample start - Modwheel + Key-trigger...(Please)

Scarbee...i dont think even the moderator, if he was here could answer those kinds of questions.i think your better off going to the NI site and emailing there tech. guys from there.I`ve heard they sometimes reply..hope this helps. BTW i just saw a clinic featuring Halion 2 .Its seems they`ve added some features much like Kontakt but perhaps more user friendly.Whats your take? Rich

Hi Scarbee,
    Just did a little check on this...

If you set up a multi and devide your conditions over several programs there is no problem at all.
    Say program one: Note on, key trigger C-0 (on the program level), mod wheel 0-30 (on the group level) and any second operator (group level).
    Program 2: Note on, key trigger C-0, mod wheel 31-60 and any second operator.
    Program 3: Note on, Key C-0, mod wheel 61-90 etc etc.

When all Key switches are on the program level and the other switches are in the group level you can build up to (((64x64)x64)x64)= 16.777.216 variations.
    Is that sufficient for a bass guitar? ;-)

Hi Michiel,

Say program one: Note on, key trigger C-0 (on the program level), mod wheel 0-30 (on the group level) and any second operator (group level).

Hmmm. Can\'t make this work. If I first assigne the sample to start with key trigger C-0 and then set the group to Wheel 0-30 it just overwrites the key-trigger so it all is Wheel.

Do I misunderstand it? Is there another place to set group level?

Say, the key trigger sets which groups will play or not. Let C0 trigger 4 groups. They all play when C0 is active. Then the mod wheel is set to play/mute a group in the amp section. Set up the mod wheel to play the first of these 4 groups only when cc#1 =0-30. And so on. Does that make sense?
    You have to use multiple polyphony (where most of the samples are muted).

This could be done in one instrument as well, instead of a multi correct?

damn poly eater too right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

maybe the next update will have this type of option, as it seems to have better giga conversion it says.

this could also be done in one instrument. You need as many simult. voices as you will have real-time cc switches. In case of SCRABEE\'s bass: 1 program: 16 vel levels for each region, Key switch for the popped/slapped/plucked and the real-time: mod wheel for the 4 strings. The release sample triggered accordingly.

Scarbee: How many different samples do you want to assign to each midi note # (or key)?

Hi Michiel Post:

I have tried using the mod-wheel to control amp, but it is a \"fade\" controller - meaning that if I play a note on E-String (mod 0-31) hold it, and then turn the wheel to 64-95 (D-string) the note will be faded into the same note on String.
    So if I play a G3 and turn the wheel from 0-127 I will hear the G3 fading through all for strings.

This is not so cool.

The fade should be a choice.

aha yah you\'re right Scarbee. Even if you draw a \"square line\" it will \"switch\" to the next \"dimension\"

Hopefully the next version.

I see, you have to use cc\'s that have discrete steps then (like the foot switches cc#64, 65 that are 0 or 127 but that leaves less options open etc) hum...
    I\'ll sleep over this one.

Go Back to forum