• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: First Scarbee R.S.P. '73 demo!

Share/Bookmark

First Scarbee R.S.P. \'73 demo!

Danish keyboard wizard Christian Winten has created this little demo - using the \"Direct from Harp\" sound.

There will also be a \"classic\" sound - taken from the output on the front of the Stage Piano MK 1. Listen to the cool demo at: www.scarbee.com

We are planning a release next week for Giga (16 bit), EXS24 MK II (24 bit) and Halion (24 bit)

regards

Re: First Scarbee R.S.P. \'73 demo!

There are 12 sustained velocities (no loops)
    and 12 matching release velocities.
    All 73 keys sampled.

Thomas, that kicks some serious bootie!
    What\'s it going to cost us, and how much RAM?

Dasher

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    [QB]Thomas, that kicks some serious bootie!
    What\'s it going to cost us, and how much RAM?

Well, there is 876 sustained mono samples and 876 release mono samples, so I\'m not sure you need to ram upgrade - but 512 is not too little...

Price - hmmm, not sure yet, but around $179-199 with a 2 month introduction price.

PS: One of my friends Lrs Daniel Terkelsen (http://www.larsdanielterkelsen.dk/) is working on another demo - I still have to work on the bass line and add a few details (only cue-bass)

But take a sneak peak here: http://www.scarbee.com/rhodes_demoes_mp3/HotHandersMaster1.mp3

The FX on the R.S.P. \'73 are Logic internal FX.:

HOLY COW!! this sounds so great! totally realistic and the release just adds that extra which makes me believe its played on a rhodes and not a sampler

Congrats!

/Tobias

very nice demo!!! very groovy! one of the best product demos i\'ve heard in that genre!! well done!

although ... i have a few comments .. where do i begin ????

#1 - I think your projected price is a bit too inflated, considering there are physical modeling solutions that will give the same end result. i\'m a Logic user, so naturally i\'m partial to the EPV ... you may comment that this rhodes has hammer release samples, fine .... but in what real world application would that matter?? i didnt hear the hammer releases in the demo. also it is worth mentioning that the Purgatory Creek rhodes retails for $59. So i wonder what criteria determines your price.

if i recall a few months back, you complained that sales were low and you are out of the sampling business. that was depressing, from what i understand your work is primo (i do not have any of your libraries, i have a few real basses here in my studio). i\'m not an economist, but supply and demand is a huge factor in determining the retail price of a product. as well as competitors pricing. yes, you probably put alot of time and energy into this product and have a bottom line that must be met to justify your time and work. the logical half of my brain (the other is completely irrational [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) tells me that a lower market price would yield more dollars because it would be accessable to a larger target market. correct me if i\'m wrong.

also, herbie hancock swears by the EPV, great tone and flexibility, you are not stuck with one timbre. if you can get herbie to endorse your product, i\'ll buy it!!!!

i have an old Suitecase Rhodes, but it is in storage, breaks down too often, i\'d rather use the virtual one, it is consistant.

not trying to piss on your parade, but i\'m just curious. i love a great sounding rhodes, if this product were $99 i would buy it, IMHO, the projected price is too steep.

sorry if i offend anyone, not my intention.

passacaglia

Hi passacaglia:
    [QB]very nice demo!!! very groovy! one of the best product demos i\'ve heard in that genre!! well done![/b]

Thanks!

I think your projected price is a bit too inflated, considering there are physical modeling solutions that will give the same end result.

Nah - try to play them and you will hear and feel the difference... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

i\'m a Logic user, so naturally i\'m partial to the EPV ... you may comment that this rhodes has hammer release samples, fine .... but in what real world application would that matter??

It\'s like eating at a fine restaurant -the raw material is excellent. It matters.

i didnt hear the hammer releases in the demo. also it is worth mentioning that the Purgatory Creek rhodes retails for $59. So i wonder what criteria determines your price.

Quality. This feels like a real instrument - you can compose and PLAY on it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

if i recall a few months back, you complained that sales were low and you are out of the sampling business.

I\'m still here! It\'s hard to quit when you receive 2 x Top 5 star rating in SOS, right?

I have not made my final decession on the price, but I think people all over the world are panicing right now. Just look in you music magazines and see the red crosses and 50% off.

It\'s like p*ssing in your pants. Not good in the long run.

Making a library with 12 velocities sounds much better than one made with 4 - and it is much harder to create...

Great you like it Tobias!

Thanks for the positve vibe!

Just wanted to add that i love both evp88 and Lounge Lizard EP-1 but they dont sound like a real rhodes.. even if Herbie says so, hehehe. Physical modeling is awesome but it doesnt sound authentic.. yet..

/Tobias

Originally posted by tob:
    Just wanted to add that i love both evp88 and Lounge Lizard EP-1 but they dont sound like a real rhodes.. even if Herbie says so, hehehe. Physical modeling is awesome but it doesnt sound authentic.. yet..

/Tobias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree. Otherwise I wouldn\'t have spent 8 months on this project...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast