• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does this song make me look fat?

Share/Bookmark

Does this song make me look fat?

Or I guess I should ask, does it sound OK. I have no idea what I\'m doing...I just got started and couldn\'t stop.

Also, I need a name. The theme is Americana, mountain range, Colorado, West.

Comments appreciated..:

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/Americana.mp3

Re: Does this song make me look fat?

Originally posted by sporter:
    Or I guess I should ask, does it sound OK. I have no idea what I\'m doing...I just got started and couldn\'t stop.

Comments appreciated..:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">For someone who doesn\'t know what they are doing that\'s pretty impressive!!

There are some tuning problems with the woodwinds you might want to look at. I\'m probably totally wong but are they AO woodwinds?

Sounds beautiful Sporter.

What libs did you use?

Names... hmmmm

Colorado Spring?

A new beginning?

I dunno. It sounds joyful and triuphmant to me.

Oh, and it looks good on you, doesnt make you look fat at all. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by sporter:

Comments appreciated..:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">For someone who doesn\'t know what they are doing that\'s pretty impressive!!

There are some tuning problems with the woodwinds you might want to look at. I\'m probably totally wong but are they AO woodwinds?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Darn, I was hoping the tuning wouldn\'t be too obvious. I used the Prosonus which is notorious for tuning problems. Also I used the Flute from the Kompakt included library. So you think it\'s OK, huh? I\'m looking to upgrade my orchestral libraries...I may try to salvage it with something better. Thanks for listening, and I really appreciate and value your comments!

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Sounds beautiful Sporter.

What libs did you use?

Names... hmmmm

Colorado Spring?

A new beginning?

I dunno. It sounds joyful and triuphmant to me.

Oh, and it looks good on you, doesnt make you look fat at all. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the names, Scott. I used DD solo strings for the solo violin part, Prosonus for the backing, winds, harp, and most other stuff. Kompakt library for the flute. The horns are Sam Horns, first time I used the trumpet.

Good to know it sounds OK. I\'m usually doing much simpler stuff but I\'ve been kinda inspired by all the great pieces people have posted here.

I\'m really liking \"A New Beginning\" for a name.

Sporter,

I love this piece. Very americana to me. Keep up the great work!

All the very best,

Darren

Sporter,

This is a beautiful arrangement!

Listening to this piece first thing this morning started my day on a beautiful note.

My very best wishes,

Kip

Originally posted by dpasdernick:
    Sporter,

I love this piece. Very americana to me. Keep up the great work!

All the very best,

Darren
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Sporter,

This is a beautiful arrangement!

Listening to this piece first thing this morning started my day on a beautiful note.

My very best wishes,

Kip
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kip, that means so much coming from you!!. This is one of the few tunes I did without using any of your samples...hmmmm.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . But I plan to get back to more \"piano-centric\" stuff soon with your Bose and other wonderful libraries.

I appreciate the listen!

Very nice work, Chubby [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I would be interesting to hear it at at least 198K (mp3).

Rob

Go Back to forum