• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to wish you all a very happy (and safe) Thanksgiving. Be not only thankful for having the basic necessities, but also your musical gifts. You\'re all by far the most talented group of musicians (ahem, and audio technicians [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) I\'ve had the pleasure of corresponding with. I\'m grateful for the invaluable help I\'ve received here. Thanks.

Have a great weekend!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

We don\'t \"celebrate\" thanks-giving in Norway, but I still wish everybody here a good one. Whatever thanks giving really is... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, what is Thanksgiving exactly? The title\'s pretty self explanatory I guess but if someone could elaborate.

Something invented by McDonalds

Dorset, UK

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Something invented by McDonalds
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No, not this, but you could be forgiven, seeing as father christmas was invented by Coca Cola.

Americans celebrate Thanksgiving to commemorate the first harvest brought in by the pilgrim fathers. They sailed from Plymouth, England to, what became Plymouth in New England in a ship called the Mayflower in 1620. They had it tough to begin with, what with Indians and conditions etc, and were thankful to produce something to eat. The Mayflower sailed back to England, where it was broken up and the planks used to build a Quaker Meeting House for Worship at Jordans in Buckinghamshire, called the Mayflower Barn .... which is where I got married to Sue.

lol .... there go the euro\'s taking cheap shots ..

we are thankful that we escaped Europe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

69 Lois Lane, Metropolis

Actually, I think it\'s safe to say the Indians had a much harder time with us than we did with them...but that\'s another story!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beckers:
    <snip>They had it tough to begin with, what with Indians and conditions etc, and were thankful to produce something to eat.

It\'s funny. I live in the ancient town of Leiden in The Netherlands, from where the Pilgrim Fathers originally left! From my home I can see the remains of where they had their church - before they took off on the Mayflower. I kind of feel connected [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hey Barnier!

Never saw you before on the forum!

Welcome! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Maarten!

How r u doing! Love Project SAM!

I\'ve been visiting the forum for about a year now... and have been \'listening\' a lot. It\'s a great forum, learned a lot from it.Thanks all.

Speak to u soon Maarten!

IAM Studios

Go Back to forum