• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legend of Erthia OST - Armageddon

Share/Bookmark

Legend of Erthia OST - Armageddon

Here is another composition to the Legend of Erthia. This is the composition which will basically play in the introduction to the game. It describes the events that took place 1000 years earlier:

Brief description of the introduction as seen in my first trailer for LOE:

Little did anyone know
    Its existence became a legend
    They tried to warn us
    But there were those who sought it
    We never listened
    The aftermath was inevitable
    Most of Erthia had been annihilated from its devastating power.
    It's been 1000 years since that day

Libraries Used:
    - Vienna Special Edition Strings
    - Vienna Soprano Choir

*I am not shying away from Garritan libraries, I am just practicing with the new Vienna stuff I got. I am actually in the middle of re-creating the main theme to LOE with both Vienna and Instant Orchestra.

Re: Legend of Erthia OST - Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...I am not shying away from Garritan libraries, I am just practicing with the new Vienna stuff I got. I am actually in the middle of re-creating the main theme to LOE with both Vienna and Instant Orchestra.
    And your practice with Vienna is paying off, Richard. This is dramatic and moody with an effectively tragic tone, fitting the scene you describe. There are some particularly rich harmonies in this I like very much.

The syntax of that text isn't quite tracking for me. I'll send you a PM to explain what I mean, not wanting to divert your thread away from the music.

Thanks for posting, Sururick.

Randy

Rich and harmonic - I certainly would echo Randy's observations about the harmony and chord changes.

Another great addition to the game. There is a little tip that maybe you could try and apply here if you wish.

To give the music that little bit extra feeling of expression and realism, use a tempo map and slow down the last beat of each string chord. String players would often do this naturally, slowing down and expressively playing into the next chord. I think it'd work great on this.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks Randy and Graham,

I sent you a PM Randy explaining more about the text. This was just brief lines in my earliest LOE trailer.

I will give that tempo map a try. Sonar has a thing called insert series of tempo changed which I think will be handy. I am so used to basic sequence composing AKA Nintendo music lol. I am getting a little better though!

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum