• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little Curious about the Server Crash

Share/Bookmark

A little Curious about the Server Crash

Does anyone know why the Northernsounds.com forum went down yesterday?
    The same thing has been happening to some other sites that I have been visiting.

Re: A little Curious about the Server Crash

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Does anyone know why the Northernsounds.com forum went down yesterday?
    The same thing has been happening to some other sites that I have been visiting.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you are Nick. The common thread here is you. The CIA have heard about this mad composer/sample developer who is hatching a plot to overthrow the government and they\'re crashing every site you visit.

You\'ve become the Typhoid Mary of online forums. Hurry up and finish any projects you\'re working on \'cause you might get \'disappeared\' soon :-)

Now now Z6. Let\'s not jump to conclusions here. I notice that a thread I started that might have been viewed as critical of a library (although I stated clearly I wasn\'t being critical) is now missing.

Maybe there is something to what Nick asks?

Let me clarify. PaPa Chalk or Worra, Do you guys know why the server crashed? I have been on this site for almost 2 years and haven\'t seen any crashes. Someone has been carpet-bombing liberal sites recently and I was wondering if the recent political topic with its abundance of KEYWORDS had alerted someone. Or more likely, the system just crashed. I don\'t know.

Actually I thought bill gates was completely taken off the Microsoft payroll, so an automatic subroutine kicked in to shut down all servers

Actually I have no idea yet. But the technician says they have a pretty good idea that it was a hardware failure. They know what happened, their figuring out why and are still investigating/configuring. As soon as we find out we\'ll let you know.

There may have been a few post that were not recovered these would have been seconds before or when the crash happened Mark. You can repost any messages that are missing.

Hey Nick I\'ve been trying to get you via email about your rare instruments can you email me.
    nsound@northernsounds.com

Take care

PaPa Chalk

[This message has been edited by PaPa Chalk (edited 04-19-2002).]

Papa Chalk,
    Hi. Well, the thread I\'m talking about was about a week old. I could start it again, I suppose, but I was hoping it still might show up. I guess not.

The thread was about some concerns I was having about really using the new Biga Gigga Trumpet library. I had gotten a couple of responses, one from Maarten who had done some of the demos. I then asked some more questions, you know, the basic stuff, then no thread anymore.

Bummer...

Anyway, I\'ll just go do some more work now.

Cheers,
    Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PaPa Chalk:
    There may have been a few post that were not recovered these would have been seconds before or when the crash happened Mark. You can repost any messages that are missing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW - The Search Engine doesn\'t seem to work reliably right now. Internet Explorer says its done and then just gives me a white screen.

This only started since the crash.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    [B]Let me clarify. PaPa Chalk or Worra, Do you guys know why the server crashed? B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn\'t know since I\'ve got nothing to do with the NS forum except as a visitor.

/Worra

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark_Knecht:

The thread was about some concerns I was having about really using the new Biga Gigga Trumpet library. I had gotten a couple of responses, one from Maarten who had done some of the demos. I then asked some more questions, you know, the basic stuff, then no thread anymore.

Bummer...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mark.

I\'ve been away for a week, long way from any PC.... so I haven\'t seen your thread. If you have any questions about BoB, please re-post so I can help you out!

/Worra

I was wondering if the recent political topic with its abundance of KEYWORDS had alerted someone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whoa - Nick, You\'re getting paranoid - crashes appear once in a while you know.
    Actually it\'s kind of a miracle that the
    NSS has been running for 2 years without
    one.

Bjk

Go Back to forum