• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where the Bee Dances

Share/Bookmark

Where the Bee Dances

I just had to share this with everyone. This piece of music, to me, is one of the top contemporary compositions I have heard. Written in 1991 by Michael Nyman (The Pianist), this concerto for Soprano Sax (believe it or not) is just extraordinary. The first minute and a half begins very slowly and melodically. Don't let this fool you. After that it takes off and never slows down all the way to the end. It's just an incredible piece! Enjoy!

Gary

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Where the Bee Dances

Gary,

Yes, it is a wonderful piece. The recording I know also has the score to The Piano on it - great recording. Naxos, if I remember correctly.

Good call!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Gary - I've been meaning to thank you for this. I know you're not able to be here with us on the Forum all that often, but whenever you show up, you always bring such a good energy!

The slow section that opens this piece I found a bit hard going, but I certainly enjoined the remainder. All new to me - Thanks again!

Randy

Hey Randy,

I'm trying to make my presence known a bit more. Glad you enjoyed Where the Bee Dances. You know, I have tried to figure out why Nyman wrote the intro he did to this piece. It really never made sense to me. Most of the time when I listen to this I skip over the first minute and half and just get right to the faster part. I go for walks early in the morning and this is the piece I've been listening to because the faster section has such positive energy. Again, glad you enjoyed it!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum