• Register
  • Help

Topic: I was on a roll last night! Another 10 minutes of my movie done

Share/Bookmark

I was on a roll last night! Another 10 minutes of my movie done

For those that are keeping up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbWfP...ature=youtu.be

If you watched the movie on my previous post and don't want to watch the whole thing again, the new material starts at 7:23.

A couple of explanations: (1) I did not write the songs. I just orchestrated them. (2) The song at 8:21 is made up of some audio loops that the producer found and liked, and built the song around them. I have beefed up just a little with some GPO. (3) I realize that the song at 12:21 has tempo that is way off. I recorded that part about 2 or 3 years ago. Long story, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that now. All part of the learning process!

Happy Monday to all
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: I was on a roll last night! Another 10 minutes of my movie done

It's a musical! That's a fun surprise, Owen - So you mean you composed and arranged the underscoring cues, and then the songs someone else wrote and you arranged, right?

As usual, you're doing really effective work on this, Owen. As your posts increase on this, I keep getting more envious of the fun project you have.

Regarding that song at 12:21 - Do you mean this project actually started several years ago?--Or is it a song that happens to fit into this project? It's the tambourine that draws attention to how tracks are somehow out of sync with each other - The vocals and everything are all from several years back?-- I'm imagining that to get all those singers together again for a fresh recording - that wouldn't be practical-?

In any case - Thanks for the continued previews-Really great fun.

Randy

Re: I was on a roll last night! Another 10 minutes of my movie done

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It's a musical!
    Indeed! It has 9 songs in total.

So you mean you composed and arranged the underscoring cues, and then the songs someone else wrote and you arranged, right?
    Right, if I'm understanding the word "cues" correctly (I guess it means something else in Jolly Old England) - does it refer to the background music generally? But yes, I can't take credit for the melody nor lyrics of the songs.

Regarding that song at 12:21 - Do you mean this project actually started several years ago? The vocals and everything are all from several years back?-- I'm imagining that to get all those singers together again for a fresh recording - that wouldn't be practical-?
    The project actually started 17 years ago! Needless to say, it's not his day job. I got involved about 3 years ago to help out with the songs. The producer sang the melody to me, which I sometimes recorded depending on the complexity, then we worked on a sketch together for the harmony and orchestration. The result was a set of hurriedly thrown together tracks which he took with him. I promised that I would get to work on the final versions in advance of the Great Recording Session. Unfortunately, I got sick not too long after so was unable to deliver. He just took those sketches and made the best of them when he had all the vocalists together at the recording session. I am now doing what I can to improve them! For example, the first half of the final song on this clip was finished. The second half just had a bit of harp and strings to pick out the melody. I have now added all remaining instruments, over the top of the final recording. In short - a do over would be virtually impossible. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for your continued encouragement. Glad you are enjoying!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Go Back to forum