• Register
  • Help

Topic: Low Volume

Share/Bookmark

Low Volume

Even after boosting the volume 6db, the sound I get from the Gigasample LE is extremely low. I\'ve been told that that is by design to avoid clipping. However the volume I am getting is too low to be useful. I must be overlooking something; probably something obvious. Any suggestions. Thanks.
    Hardhat

Re: Low Volume

No, you\'re not overlooking anything. That is a real problem with Gigasampler. It is somewhat improved in Gigastudio. It does help to have a professional audio card rather than a Creative Labs or other consumer level sound card. Also, be sure that your midi source is sending a full volume and expression whether it is through a keyboard or sequencer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>It is somewhat improved in Gigastudio.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The monitoring levels in GigaStudio are louder, but who cares? What really interests me is what level of output I get when I CAPTURE. No difference between GigaSampler and GigaStudio, in this respect. Very, very disappointing for a professional product. This has to be addressed.

Lawrence

I used the gigasampler last night in a live situation and found that with the computer\'s Master Volume turned to the max I could get acceptable sound for my purposes. However, the noise/static that was added to the mix when I wasn\'t playing my samples was not acceptable. It sounded like something needed to be grounded but I\'m not sure what.
    Thanks for the replies thusfar.
    Hardhat.

Go Back to forum