• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 4 new WEP demos!

Share/Bookmark

4 new WEP demos!

Hi,

There are 4 new WEP demos at our completely re-designed web site www.scarbee.com

Re: 4 new WEP demos!

Wow, wow, wow...

Great job!!!!

Justin

Thomas, call me stupid but I don\'t seem to be able to download your demos. Why don\'t you just stick to standard MP3s.....so easy.

Frank

I also had problems downloading them. Many times I clicked the play button but it just disappeared on me.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I suspect that\'s why there\'s so few posts here Alex. Only one person has been able to download them!?

Frank

Download Martini Groove
    (right click and select \"Save as...\")

Did you also try this? In the little window?

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    I also had problems downloading them. Many times I clicked the play button but it just disappeared on me.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Look under play button...there is a link \"Download The fire Within
    (right click and select \"Save as...\")

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Scarbee,

The \"play\" button works here. Sounds GREAT.

I played WEP on a gig last Saturday night, and the guys in the band were just laughing out loud about my new Mr. Retro personna. I just can\'t tell you what a difference WEP and RSP make on stage compared to other Wurly and Rhodes samples. I have always felt so out of control over those sounds...constantly needing to fiddle with the volume to keep them in the mix. With your instruments, I don\'t have to do that at all. Once I\'ve set my level, with no great pains, I have all the control at the keyboard to either duck into the ensemble and blend, or to dig in and pop right through. That is huge, and it makes the playing a pleasure...to feel relaxed about the sounds and to just simply let go.

A bandmate of mine brought a Motif the other night, and I played some on it. Thought it sounded and felt like ...there\'s no going back once you\'ve been spoiled!! It was that same phenomenon of the volume range seeming too compressed and the sounds too synthified and at the same time just dynamically wrong for the touch. It\'s either not loud enough, or jumping out like a whirring blade that cuts through everything, but with a completely wrong tone for the volume level. I honestly wonder if anyone who actually works and plays gigs tests these things, because it\'s just gross and ugly to play onstage compared to a rig with Giga and some of the finer soft-samplers. No comparison.

Here Dr. Motif.

What?!! Motif\'s Rhodes not as cool as Scarbee\'s? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...Aah well, who am I kidding, at least it\'s faster, but that isn\'t Scarbee\'s fault.

Don\'t blame it on Scarbee.
    Don\'t blame it Giga
    Don\'t blame it on PC
    Blame it on the Boogie...

I just can\'t
    I just can\'t
    I just can\'t control my feet

repeat

------------
    Alex Cremers

Thomas,

congrats on these new demos...your latest samples are just superb and authentic in sound..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum