• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where's the JaBB?

Share/Bookmark

Where's the JaBB?

I lost a hard drive - you know, the one with all the files that you need yesterday and will get to today if you have time, but them, there's always tomorrow...

Anyways, I had to do a complete re-install of all my music programs: Sonar, Finale, JaBB, GPO4, etc.

The Problem: Finale no longer sees JaBB in the Template Wizard setup. I think it sees GPO4, but not sure of that yet. How do I get it to recognize JaBB. My brother sent me the Instructions for placing JaBB and GPO4 xml files in the correct ProgramData files, but, alas, Finale is being stubborn, "I see noting, noting... (Colonel Clink).

So, I need another Guru...

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Where's the JaBB?

Quick question, Bill. Which version of Finale are you running?

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

2011 Finale. Too many hoops to jump thru too tired of a body. Just want everything back

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    2011 Finale. Too many hoops to jump thru too tired of a body. Just want everything back
    Hello Bill,

Sorry to read of the problem you're having there. This can be easily sorted so don't worry, take it easy.

Here is a link to Make Music's own full information and files needed for JaBB within Finale 2011. I'm certain that you go through these steps methodically you will find everything you need here.

Finale 11 with JaBB ~ Make Music Full Files, folders and Paths.

From the above link, I have pasted the information pertinent to Finale 11 below although I don't know if you are using Windows or Mac so I have left in both.

Any files you may need can be downloaded from the link above.

[Quote from the Make Music link for Finale 11]

JABB 3 will automatically install the required XML and Library files to your most current Finale installation. Please note that JABB 3 is only supported in Finale 2009 and later.

If JABB 3 is not appearing as an option, please follow the steps below:

1. Close Finale.
    2. Download (from my Make Music link above) the JABB3.zip file to your Desktop.
    3. Unzip JABB3.zip and open the JABB3 folder.
    4. Copy JABB Drum Sets and Percussion.xml to:
    * Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\MIDI Device Annotation
    * Windows Vista/7 C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\MIDI Device Annotation
    * Mac: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > MakeMusic > Finale 201x > MIDI Device Annotation

5. If using Finale 2011, copy GarritanJazzinstrument3.txt to:
    * Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 2011\VST Support
    * Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 2011\VST Support
    * Mac: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > MakeMusic > Finale 2011 > AudioUnits Support

* This is a hidden folder. To show hidden files and folders, go to the Explorer's Tools Menu (XP) or the Organize Menu (Vista/7), Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and Show hidden files and folders.

6. Re-launch Finale and Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 will appear in the Setup Wizard (Finale 2011) or the ScoreManager (Finale 2012).

If the ARIA Player is not listed as a device in Finale 2011 and later, please follow these steps (Windows only):

1. Close Finale. Copy the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll (32 bit) or x64.dll (64 bit) file from the following folder:
    * Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST
    * Windows Vista/7 C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST
    2. Paste the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll file to the following folder:
    * Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\VST Support
    * Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\VST Support

*This is a hidden folder. To show hidden files and folders, go to the Explorer's Tools Menu (XP) or the Organize Menu (Vista/7), Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and Show hidden files and folders.

Finally Bill, if all this still doesn't sort it out for you then .....

Uninstall everything Garritan and Finale then Clean out your system (the free C Cleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner will do the job). Reboot your computer then reinstall. I would suggest Finale first then JaBB.

This may sound drastic but it's not that bad really. I've done it for several people several times and it has never failed .. yet. In fact I've known people spend hours and hours and even days trying to mend things with all the associated music down time and stress when a clean reinstall is perfect and takes maybe an hour or two.

Hope this helps and you're soon up and running again.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thanks Michael, That is the same info my brother gave and to no avail. I will have to do as you say and do a remove/re-install on everything. Don't know why this happened because it was an install on a new 2 TB drive! And I did it in the order you suggested. Maybe the stars were aligned wrong .

To make matters worse, JaBB doesn't even show up in my Sonar X2 Aria -

Thanks for the links and the time to try and solve my dilemma.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Help, please! I have done all that Michael suggests. I still have no JaBB in the Midi/Audio drop down menu. I have absolutely no JaBB in Sonar X2 nor do I have GPO4 in Sonar X2. I am looking for a gun about now...

Challenge #10 Winner

Help, please! I have done all that Michael suggests. I still have no JaBB in the Midi/Audio drop down menu. I have absolutely no JaBB in Sonar X2 nor do I have GPO4 in Sonar X2. I am looking for a gun about now...
    Bill, you mean you also did the complete uninstall, system clean, and reinstall that Michael suggested?

In Sonar, are you getting ARIA as a soft synth option, but its menu is empty?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Bill, you mean you also did the complete uninstall, system clean, and reinstall that Michael suggested?

In Sonar, are you getting ARIA as a soft synth option, but its menu is empty?

Randy
    Yes, I did a complete uninstall and system clean! Wife made me even sweep the carpets while I was waiting...

In Sonar, I get the Aria Engine, but only GPO in the menu, no JaBB????

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Okay, I am officially an Idiot! I installed my original JaBB not the JaBB3 which I am downloading now. Maybe that will make a difference when I install it...

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Okay, I am officially an Idiot! I installed my original JaBB not the JaBB3 which I am downloading now. Maybe that will make a difference when I install it...

Bill
    Dear idiot,

I do believe you've come upon the solution. But do let us know when all is well again.

Randy

Go Back to forum