Originally Posted by wrayer
Sorry to read of the problem you're having there. This can be easily sorted so don't worry, take it easy.
Here is a link to Make Music's own full information and files needed for JaBB within Finale 2011. I'm certain that you go through these steps methodically you will find everything you need here.
Finale 11 with JaBB ~ Make Music Full Files, folders and Paths.
From the above link, I have pasted the information pertinent to Finale 11 below although I don't know if you are using Windows or Mac so I have left in both.
Any files you may need can be downloaded from the link above.
[Quote from the Make Music link for Finale 11]
JABB 3 will automatically install the required XML and Library files to your most current Finale installation. Please note that JABB 3 is only supported in Finale 2009 and later.
If JABB 3 is not appearing as an option, please follow the steps below:
1. Close Finale.
2. Download (from my Make Music link above) the JABB3.zip file to your Desktop.
3. Unzip JABB3.zip and open the JABB3 folder.
4. Copy JABB Drum Sets and Percussion.xml to:
* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\MIDI Device Annotation
* Windows Vista/7 C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\MIDI Device Annotation
* Mac: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > MakeMusic > Finale 201x > MIDI Device Annotation5. If using Finale 2011, copy GarritanJazzinstrument3.txt to:
* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 2011\VST Support
* Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 2011\VST Support
* Mac: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > MakeMusic > Finale 2011 > AudioUnits Support
* This is a hidden folder. To show hidden files and folders, go to the Explorer's Tools Menu (XP) or the Organize Menu (Vista/7), Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and Show hidden files and folders.
6. Re-launch Finale and Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3 will appear in the Setup Wizard (Finale 2011) or the ScoreManager (Finale 2012).
If the ARIA Player is not listed as a device in Finale 2011 and later, please follow these steps (Windows only):
1. Close Finale. Copy the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll (32 bit) or x64.dll (64 bit) file from the following folder:
* Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST
* Windows Vista/7 C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST2. Paste the ARIA Player VST_x86.dll file to the following folder:
* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\VST Support
* Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData*\MakeMusic\Finale 201x\VST Support
*This is a hidden folder. To show hidden files and folders, go to the Explorer's Tools Menu (XP) or the Organize Menu (Vista/7), Folder and Search Options, the View tab, and Show hidden files and folders.
Finally Bill, if all this still doesn't sort it out for you then .....
Uninstall everything Garritan and Finale then Clean out your system (the free C Cleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner will do the job). Reboot your computer then reinstall. I would suggest Finale first then JaBB.
This may sound drastic but it's not that bad really. I've done it for several people several times and it has never failed .. yet. In fact I've known people spend hours and hours and even days trying to mend things with all the associated music down time and stress when a clean reinstall is perfect and takes maybe an hour or two.
Hope this helps and you're soon up and running again.