• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Autotune commercial

Re: Autotune commercial

HAHA great!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That\'s nothing! I\'ve nearly worn out my CPU Auto Tuning far homelier vocals than that. Do they make an Auto Rhythm plug in?

Overheard at a recent vocal session In L.A.

A female singer just gets through a take of a song at a major studio using ProTools. Her performance is ghastly, but she has the nerve to ask, \"How was it?\" The producer in the booth says, \"Terrible! Come on in!\"

LOL Dan!
    Those mp3s are some funny sh*t, reminds me a bit of Yoko Ono [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ahhhh Wing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'d been too long since I listened to the grace of Wing, thx for reminding me of her great site.

You go girl. Watch out Cher, Wing\'s comin\' to town!!

ok, how many of us have produced something like this over the years, huh? come on! admit it!

let the session stories begin....

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

I\'ve done three. Two were gay guys doing contemporary christian stuff (which baffles me, anyway). One Auto-Tuned up reasonably well. The other one was outside the \"grace\" range, and I had to cut up the track and give it a little help just to get it to the point where Auto Tune could take over and fix it the rest of the way.

But hardly worth the effort. They both came in with those awful (I wonder if God wears earplugs) backing tracks that have bored rhythm sections, 250-chair orchestras, 1200 voice choirs, fireworks, Kennedy, Nixon, Elvis, and Jesus being raised up from the dead on Jetson-pedestals--you get the picture. Enough personnel for any 100 records, with a nasal Nancy-boy lead. Ouch. These are the gigs we take when we are BR-OKE. Flippin\' burgers with the studio, as my pal Wayne says. I have been quite fortunate to avoid those kinds of gigs for the past several years, but there\'s always that chance.

The other one was a totally legendary (and therefore unmentioned) artist who was just outside his area of expertise. That one worked out better. Once I\'d gotten his vocals in pitch, they actually sounded like a million bucks. It was a job, though. I deserved a medal.

And now, in case you missed it on TV:

The very best American Idol moment, EVER

But there\'s something to be said for Wing\'s ethics and honesty. The very first CD cover shows her hand up explicity warning potential buyers of her less than stellar rating on the applause meter. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum