• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Jazz & Big Band - Big Band Sound Problems!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Jazz & Big Band - Big Band Sound Problems!

Hi all, I have both the Garritan Personal Orchestra & Jazz and Big Band & are using both on Sibelius 6.

The Orchestra sounds ALL work on Sibelius 6.

However
    with the Jazz and Big Band the Flts, Cl, Sax, Trps & Tbns do NOT make any sounds, even though the Rhythm Section does!!!

I am just hoping that someone may be able to help on this quite dramatic issue!

Many thanks for any suggestions.

All best,

Jon

Re: Garritan Jazz & Big Band - Big Band Sound Problems!

I only use Finale PrintMusic, so I hope this will help you. There are notation patches and standard patches in JABB3. It sounds like the volume is not being triggered via the CC1 MIDI control. To test this idea, open up your VST instrument list and pull up the ARIA player where JABB3 is. Then move the CC1 (mod wheel) up half way and press a piano key to see if there is any sound.

Also make sure you don't have the track muted or anything just in case. I doubt this is the problem however.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for getting back with your suggestions!

Unfortunately I am using the 1st edition at present of the JABB NOT the 3rd version...sadly!!!!

The track is definitely not muted & as I mentioned all tracks work with the Personal Orchestra version on any instrument yet when I change on Sibelius to the JABB version it is only percussion, keys & bass sounds that all work but no instruments in the brass, saxes or woodwind instruments.

So still no change yet!

Many thanks though for taking the trouble to make a few suggestions - it's most appreciated.

If anyone else has any other suggestions - that would be really great.

Thanks again.

All best,

Jon

Hi Jim,

Just to say I have just tried moving the Mod wheel up & down a few times now & the sounds are now working!!!!!!

Phew - so ignore my last message.

Many thanks again.

Cheers,

Jon

Well that is great news. It is one of the more surprising effects for new users. Once you understand it, this technique becomes invaluable.

Jim

Thanks Jim!

Ooops, just one more question!!!!

Do you know how to save the sounds. On Sib it saves the Garritan Program's on the score but eliminates all the instruments I've added into them, so I have to reload each instrument every time?!

Sorry to trouble!

Cheers,

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Beech View Post
    Thanks Jim!

Ooops, just one more question!!!!

Do you know how to save the sounds. On Sib it saves the Garritan Program's on the score but eliminates all the instruments I've added into them, so I have to reload each instrument every time?!

Sorry to trouble!

Cheers,

Jon
    That does not quite make sense to me. Sibelius should do this automatically. There may be some other problem at work here. I would check the Sibelius forums.

Thanks Jim - I will investigate!

Cheers,

Jon

Go Back to forum