• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics and Native instruments LIVE radio show

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics and Native instruments LIVE radio show

Hey NS gang,

Thought you guys might be interested to tune in Sunday Night at 10PM West Coast time to Samm Brown\'s \"FOR THE RECORD\" radio show, where he\'ll be doing a special show about Spectrasonics, Native Instruments and the state of music software today.

On hand will be:

Dan Brown, CEO of Native Instruments USA

and me:

Eric Persing, Creative Director of Spectrasonics

...should be an interesting discussion!

There will also be open phone lines to ask us questions on the air (818.985.5735). and there will also be a giveaway of a copy of Atmosphere and probably something from NI too.

Show time is Sunday night at 10 pm, PST, on KPFK 90.7fm - Most of Southern California; 98.7fm Santa BarbaraCounty

You can also stream the show live at http://www.kpfk.org and clicking on \"Listen Live\" at the top of the page. You\'ll need RealPlayer Basic, which can be downloaded free from the site. Or you can click on \"programs,\" scroll down to FOR THE RECORD; click on it and then click on \"listen live.\" Get there early as the server can only service a certain amount of streams at a time.

:-)

spectrum

Re: Spectrasonics and Native instruments LIVE radio show

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I\'ll try to check it out tonight [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bump for those interested tonight.

I\'ll be streaming it from Australia. 5PM Monday afternoon our time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

nice show

Cool guys....thanks for listening!

That was really fun to do...kind of rare to talk about all this stuff we blab about everyday here on the radio.....

Scott, I can\'t believe you called in from Australia dude!....they we\'re really blown away by that. Anyway, extremely cool gesture...thanks a lot.

All the best,

spectrum

Hi Eric, great show. Thought it would be good to say hi. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

With all the excitement of being on the air on the other side of the world I forgot that I did have a question! If you dont mind, can you tell us where your products can be heard in the Gladiator score at all? And which ones? I pretty much know it backwards so it would be cool to know.

Same with Return of the King if you dont mind, since it has an orchestral score it would be great to hear how your sounds have been combined with a real orchestra.

Choco, what accent? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah...nice one...mate!

Some of our textural stuff was used in the \"wheat\" cues...Lisa Gerrard is a big Spectrasonics fan too and her favorite library seems to be Bizarre Guitar....which she uses extensively on Whale Rider too....both she and Hans do extensive manipulation of our stuiff too, so it\'s usually not so obvious.

On Return of the King, there were quite a few more textural cues that I heard some Atmosphere elements used in....beautiful score BTW, best of the three IMHO.

Allt the best,

spectrum

Aaargh, just woke up. Did anyone record it?

/Tobias

double post

Go Back to forum