• Register
  • Help

Topic: Off-topic forum?

Off-topic forum?

Would there be any interest in an off-topic forum? Seems like a lot of the off-topic posts go in the saplme libraries forum. Maybe it might be nice to have a separate place for that.

Re: Off-topic forum?

i think there needs to be a seperate forum specifically for MDesigner questions [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

forget it.

Problem is, we ALL get lazy and don\'t want to skim ALL of the available forums, so we end up ONLY visiting the sample forum, where all the action is. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Or maybe it\'s just me??? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hm. Why not include the forum included in topic, thrown alltogether, instead of having those folder iconsposted. I think the others will profit, too... Like this

I Forum I ICON I Topic I Topic Starter I Replies I Date/time I

I HW I ICON I Best studio setup I PolarBear I 0 I 11-26-2002 04:21 AM I
    I SL I ICON I Off Topic forum? I MDesigner I 5 I 11-26-2002 03:58 AM I

and so on...
    HW Hardware
    SW Software
    SL Sample Library Disussion
    SC Sound Card Advice / Recommendation
    OT Off Topic

and perhaps also containing

AD guess? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ads, for upcoming sample libraries, can be used by developers. On a very low fee perhaps, as it is only a text ad.

You could also add the
    EW East West Forum
    GG Gary Garittan forum

but perhaps the last two would stretch the limit on useability or in addition seperate all the hardware related forums (sound card/hardware)...

Just my 2 not worthy cents...

You\'d probably lose a lot of readers if you have a separate forum for OT. I for one don\'t have any problem with occasional off-topic forays if the subject of the post is clear. Also helps to precede it with \"OT\" as many do. Its certainly then an optional matter to read the thread or not, as one chooses.

It\'s a little sneakier when threads degenerate to OT discussions from talk about sample libraries- but even then most digressions take directions which are music-related and still of interest to most of us.

I find it particularly satisfying that, in spite of some tough criticisms by members of each other re their compositions or mock-ups, there is little if any flaming going on and that\'s a credit to the maturity (of even the younger members!) of the group.

I like it the way it is!
    Garden Creek Music

Well, carlmsmith mentioned judging/rating demos.

Just to add to my list above, we could also introduce a \"new\" forum, using the abbrevations:

DM demo

What do you think of this idea?

Go Back to forum