• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Dream Drum Library - is it here?

Share/Bookmark

My Dream Drum Library - is it here?

I love the idea of Discrete Drums and Joey Kramer having multiple mics. Ready to mix. It\'s very cool. The frustration though is I find it rather difficult to work with so many individual files. I have to first slice the samples, then line up 8 tracks in LIVE, blah blah blah. They sound great, but they require a lot of work.

I know the new DFH library has multiple outs available from the samples. So one could record an original drum track via MIDI and theoretically it should sound like a real kit.

My question is this - can the 2 be mixed? Could we create a library like Discrete Drums - with a great drummer playing great grooves - then slice the tracks (like groove control in stylus) and be able to play the samples out multiple outs (like the new DFH). This would make Discrete Drums, Joey Kramer, and frankly the entire future of drum libraries very exciting [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

A couple more questions: Would it be possible to do this to existing libraries via Intakt?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Re: My Dream Drum Library - is it here?

Cool simone! I can\'t wait to hear it. I would have already ordered SID but it\'s only available in Halion right now... I\'m waiting for the Kontakt version [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Re: My Dream Drum Library - is it here?

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    My question is this - can the 2 be mixed? Could we create a library like Discrete Drums - with a great drummer playing great grooves - then slice the tracks (like groove control in stylus) and be able to play the samples out multiple outs A couple more questions: Would it be possible to do this to existing libraries via Intakt?

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Of course it is possible... Check Scarbee Imperial Drums (BTW, I produced it...): a Kit ready to be mixed with separate outs...
    Also: in Q1 2004 we will release a loop-library which is exactly as in your wildest dreams!

AFAIK Intakt is a \'monophonic\' instrument so it\'s hard for it to deal with multi track loops... best way is to use custom made libraries: cutting is made by hand and ear, ready to be used and works way better than slicing/time-stretching IMHO.

Best regards,

Simone Coen
    musician, producer
    sample libraries producer for www.scarbee.com

Best,

Go Back to forum